Join for free
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2010, 08:45 AM

Friday Freedom

Good morning everyone!

Friday again - doesn't it come round quickly! I still look forward to weekends as I make sure my routine is different then from the rest of the week.

Hope you all have an enjoyable one!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2010, 08:56 AM

Re: Friday Freedom

Yes - Friday again! I know because I've just put the rubbish out! What a landmark to watch your life ticking by
I've been active already - one load of washing on the line, another just finishing washing. I think it's an unconscious reation to yesterday's enforced inactivity, due to the occasional monsoon downpours; it was a day I had set aside for my allotment. Having lost it I'll need to get more done today.
Then a bit of shopping for the weekend and maybe do some preliminary holiday planning, even though it's not till the end of August.
I'm hoping to get a load of batch cooking done on Saturday, some for freezing for ourselves and some to take to the new parents when we visit (again!) on Monday
Well, there's a load of waffle for what I thought was a 'not a lot happening' day
Hope your day is good
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2010, 09:26 AM

Good Morning Mags and All. Hope you all have a great Friday - hope your washing gets all lovely and dry, DM.

Cleared up here yesterday afternoon and became lovely and sunny but we are back to the same old dull weather

Take care and keep smiling
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2010, 09:38 AM

Good morning Mags,Hilary, Rosemary and everyone else.

I try to make each day different Mags so that something gets done each day.
My wife has the washing out Hilary, great minds think alike and I have cleaned my study and Vacuumed it.
Love the Gif Rosemary it reminds me of nights at the pub.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2010, 12:22 PM

Are we all sure it's not Monday - do you remember when Mondays were always classed as washing day? I have a load of washing on the line too!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2010, 04:40 PM

Hi all. Hot spell continues, it's presently 31 C (87 F) and a but more humid with no breeze, a day to be lazy and do very little, which is what I have in mind! Grocery delivery very late yesterday and they were out of orange juice to my annoyance; that's about all my news.

Yes, I remember when Monday was always wash day; do it now whenever I have a load ready.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2010, 12:45 AM

Oh it was Tuesdays when I was a wee girl! I lived in Govan in an old tenement block and Mum got to use the wash house on Tuesdays!! Dad, before he left for his work in the shipyard, would go down and light the fire underneath the big boiler where the clothes went!! Thursdays was the day Mum would take down the carpets and I had to beat them!!

Aye those were the days!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2010, 02:34 AM

Good Lord, I haven't thought of carpet beating in ages! Mom would hang the on the clothes line and we'd beat away... amazing the amount of dust!!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top