Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
mysterie
Sydney, Australia
mysterie is female  mysterie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2010, 12:57 PM

Did he really say that?

Cameron - "We were the junior partner in 1940 when we were fighting the Nazis."

Absolutely shocked!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2010, 02:37 PM

Re: Did he really say that?

He's really let himself down hasn't he? Presume he was trying to get away from the 'We're with you all the way' stance but ...... a real foot in mouth moment.
What are they teaching at Eton and Oxford these days?
mysterie
Sydney, Australia
mysterie is female  mysterie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2010, 02:39 PM

I think we need another election. Cameron seems hell bent on upsetting most of the country.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2010, 02:45 PM

....another election?
Oh, spare us that! Anyway - who would we have - one lot thrown out in May and the two alternatives given their opportunity to be as wonderful as they proclaimed themselves.

Maybe we should just hand ourselves over, lock, stock and barrel, to the bankers. Seeing as they seem to control everything anyway ...
mysterie
Sydney, Australia

22-07-2010, 02:50 PM

If people would look at all political parties and see just what is out there we may not have to deal with idiots in Parliament. All parties started off as an idea and proclaimed themselves worthy of the vote, and yes they started out as small parties. We have become so comfortable with only having the 3 'main' parties as the only choice.

**I am not lobbying for any particular party**
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2010, 04:29 PM

Foot-in-mouth disease indeed, politicians are prone to it. This American was shocked to hear that!!
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2010, 05:11 PM

I prefer Churchill's quote

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2010, 05:44 PM

see how `clever` they are? . Britain was indeed the junior partner in 1940-well until late May/early June. The French had more troops,more artillery and more tanks-they just got their tactics shown up to be crap.

So-was the quote I read not untrue?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2010, 08:38 PM

If he was referring to America, we weren't even IN the War in 1940!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2010, 09:38 PM

I can't stand Cameron! What a gaffe! You are right, Dandysmom, America did not enter the war until after Pearl Harbour - think that was December 1941! No country who was in the war, was "junior" to anyone.

Cameron should apologise! Think I'll change my name to "AntiCameron" I think Nick Clegg would have been better, and that is saying something!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top