Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 08:38 PM

Woul You Mind?

Would you mind if your spouse/partners still wanted to still be in touch with past friends from childhood and previous workplaces?
Some people watch each other like hawks and they hardly dare look at, never mind speak to a member of the opposite sex.
As we do not own each others that is unfair and stifling as well.
There should be enough trust in all situations and discipline to avoid temptation , which is rife, especially at the work place.
If people are unsure of themselves, they often read too much into a situation.

It is as possible to have a rapport and other friends outside marriage and not want to have an affair with them, or hide them in a cupboard!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 09:50 PM

Re: Woul You Mind?

If you have a pet bird in a cage and one day you leave the cage door open and it flies away, it was never yours in the first place!
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 12:18 AM

No why would I mind ? We all have friends that were there before our partners came in the picture and we all have coworkers we like to hang out with after work.....no it wouldn't bother me one bit !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 07:27 AM

I am still in regular contact with people I knew at Primary school and am going out on Tuesday with someone I have been friends with since I was 2yrs old - so - No, I would not object to anyone else keeping contact with friends/colleagues
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 07:31 AM

I would encourage it!

And wow ST - how wonderful is that! I can't even remember anybody from when I was 2! That is special stuff right there!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->

It is as possible to have a rapport and other friends outside marriage and not want to have an affair with them, or hide them in a cupboard!

The above is the norm Azure .
Partners who are so outrageously jealous are not and have serious insecurity issues .

However if ones partner starts having too much rapport with a friend of the opposite sex it's time to worry .
You chose your partner because he /she is the number one person you want in your life .
Friends are friends and have their place which is secondary to the above .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The above is the norm Azure .
Partners who are so outrageously jealous are not and have serious insecurity issues .

However if ones partner starts having too much rapport with a friend of the opposite sex it's time to worry .
You chose your partner because he /she is the number one person you want in your life .
Friends are friends and have their place which is secondary to the above .
Exactly the point I made earlier, you can't force someone to love you, and would you want a partner to stay with you because they were frightened of you?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Would you mind if your spouse/partners still wanted to still be in touch with past friends from childhood and previous workplaces?
Some people watch each other like hawks and they hardly dare look at, never mind speak to a member of the opposite sex.
As we do not own each others that is unfair and stifling as well.
There should be enough trust in all situations and discipline to avoid temptation , which is rife, especially at the work place.
If people are unsure of themselves, they often read too much into a situation.

The friends my husband and I have are those made during our youth. We have friendly acquaintances made since, but not close friends.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If you have a pet bird in a cage and one day you leave the cage door open and it flies away, it was never yours in the first place!
A bird in a gilded cage is very lonely.

We once had a Parrot who escaped through an open door when he was let out of his cage to clean it.
He went to live in a Tree in the Avenue for two days
Later he was back sitting on top of his cage
I think he missed all that Sunflower Seed and Cuttle Fish Bone!
Cupboard Love!!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

28-05-2016, 07:24 PM

tarantula
It is nice to keep up with old friends from past times

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top