Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 07:05 AM

Boring June

Hi

Well Brexit is looming and so is Euro 2016.

The TV Schedules seem full of it.

I have no intention at all of watching televised debates about Brexit and football bores me stupid.

I also have no interest at all in Celebrity Reality Shows, I couldn't give a fig about the Kardashians are up to.

No interests in soaps, they have lost the plot.

I only used to watch Corrie because my mother was regularly on it, haven't seen it for three years since she left.

There is no escape either when I am away.

Polish and Ukrainian TV is just a rehash of UK TV, BGT, X Factor etc.

The Polish even have their version of Last of the Summer Wine, it is called Rancho, licensed from the UK.

Set in a shop, not a cafe, the characters look the same, act the same and it is very popular.

I do like my couple of hours TV everyday, chill out time.

No respite here then for the next couple of months.

I quite like Masterchef, in all it's forms, love the Australian Version of it.

The Polish and Ukrainian versions of it are boring, there are only so many ways you can cook potatoes and beetroot.

The rest of TV just seems to be an endless set of repeats.

Anyone else find Summertime TV boring?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 07:13 AM

Re: Boring June

Dismal Swimmy
And half the time the weather ISN'T keeping everyone outside!
There has been some good dramas on recently though but now they're petering out...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 07:18 AM

Cheer up Musketeers will be back soon!
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well Brexit is looming and so is Euro 2016.

The TV Schedules seem full of it.

I have no intention at all of watching televised debates about Brexit and football bores me stupid.

I also have no interest at all in Celebrity Reality Shows, I couldn't give a fig about the Kardashians are up to.

No interests in soaps, they have lost the plot.

I only used to watch Corrie because my mother was regularly on it, haven't seen it for three years since she left.

There is no escape either when I am away.

Polish and Ukrainian TV is just a rehash of UK TV, BGT, X Factor etc.

The Polish even have their version of Last of the Summer Wine, it is called Rancho, licensed from the UK.

Set in a shop, not a cafe, the characters look the same, act the same and it is very popular.

I do like my couple of hours TV everyday, chill out time.

No respite here then for the next couple of months.

I quite like Masterchef, in all it's forms, love the Australian Version of it.

The Polish and Ukrainian versions of it are boring, there are only so many ways you can cook potatoes and beetroot.

The rest of TV just seems to be an endless set of repeats.

all of that swims
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 07:53 AM

I only watch " Four in a Bed " a B&B challenge show through the day. We don't watch much telly, just the odd documentry and Bike Racing programmes that's it nothing else.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 08:37 AM

I was so bored with TV one evening this week, I went to bed early and read my book . I couldn't agree more . And as said the weather isn't warm enough to be outside .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 09:32 AM

It doesn't really bother me on light summer evenings I squeeze in an extra walk with Chloe then there is the garden to water.

I also have a tv recorder full of programmes I can't find the time to watch some of them years old
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 09:50 AM

I dont have a TV, but it seems most of the programs mentioned were on when i had one. So im missing nothing, however i remember a TV program that might be the answer.

"Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set And Go Out And Do Something Less Boring Instead?",
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 05:01 PM

What I am able to do is watch films via Netflix (free on my sons account) or I have a 'Black box' that lets me pick a choice of documentary and films.
Although it is on the second TV, as my OH has the big one in the lounge and watches all the crap that Swimfeeders mentioned.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 05:14 PM

What part did your mum play, Swim?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top