Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2016, 10:52 PM

Planes behaving oddly.

Has anyone heard of any more air troubles today?

When I was getting ready to go out this afternoon, there was such a lot of noise in the sky and it was carrying on for some time.
I finally went outside to see what was going on, and there 2 low flying planes behaving very oddly.
One seemed to be flying in a huge circle, then he flew off in s straight line, while the second plane seemed to be tormenting him and diving above him, then below him, then flippin itself over and over, all very, very close to the first plane, really tagging him dangerously close.

I wondered what was going on, whether it was something serious happening or whether they were rehearsing for an air show over the bank holiday weekend?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 04:32 AM

Re: Planes behaving oddly.

Ive seen planes practicing dog fights a few times part of training exercises.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 06:56 AM

That does sound like a training exercise Mups
We get jets thundering over here a lot

We also get a lot of planes circling at quite a low height at the weekends.
Apparently they're photographing land for mapping...I think it might be Google personally ... or someone locally has typed the word Isis on an electronic device!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 07:06 AM

Oops! That'll be them coming tomorrow then!!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2016, 09:05 AM

If you know the exact time it happened, you might be able to trace the flight on this site. I love this site and often look to see which plane is going over head. There is also a replay function.

https://www.flightradar24.com/40.72,-74/11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top