Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 05:02 PM

How is your Wiring?

Hi

Is it neat and tidy or a rat's nest?

Behind the TV I mean.

I have a smart TV, a Sound Bar, a Blu Ray, a Sky HD Box, a Roku, a Wii and a step machine for the Wii and two WIFI Routers, one for work, one of my own as well as my landline phone.

My TV is connected to the Sky Dish, as well as to the standard aerial.

There are wires everywhere, all jumbled up and I don't fancy sorting them.

I have five remotes to deal with them all and two others.

The other two are one for the lighting and one for the electric candles.

I dread dusting them, Sabrina refuses to go near them, always something not working afterwards.

What are yours like?

Neat and tidy, or like mine?
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 05:17 PM

Re: How is your Wiring?

Neat and tidy! all our wires are through a hole in the back of the TV stand and then I have mine tied with those wire twist things .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 05:18 PM

I have often removed all the cables behind the tv determined to make them look neater but never succeeded. I think if all the cables were the same length it would help and I could use one of those cable tidy things.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 05:24 PM

Who cares? Out of sight out of mind! ( And that comment from a TV Hifi installation and service engineer)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 05:34 PM

My wiring is fine thank you I don't have a lot of unnecessary gubbins just a TV and hard drive recorder .

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I had tangled wiring
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My wiring is fine thank you I don't have a lot of unnecessary gubbins just a TV and hard drive recorder .

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I had tangled wiring
Hi

Meg, my wiring could possibly house an entire family.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Meg, my wiring could possibly house an entire family.
Aggg Gibbs I can't cope with 'disorder' even in wiring everything has to be neat and tidy even the dog
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 05:57 PM

Ours could be tidier than it is.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 06:02 PM

Mine too is like a rat's nest as I have so many peripherals. I worry about using cable ties as I always think that tying cables together tightly would somehow be dangerous! Am I worrying un-necessarily?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2016, 06:09 PM

Ours is a mess, but that's OK as nobody ever sees it.

However, I'm not looking forward to when the time comes to replace or re-arrange things.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top