Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 09:06 PM

School sports

Were you good at gymnastics or sports at school?
Did you like P.E. or Games lessons?

I hated both, I nose dived into the ground if I had to do a cartwheel, did bunny hops for my "floor sequence" and was last at Cross Country and often missed the coach home!
I wasn't bad at hockey (I liked the hitting the opponents bits) and not too bad at high jump and long jump or 100 yards sprint.
If I could get away with it I would hide in the library instead of attending lessons!
Our PE teacher at Grammar school was a sadist!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 09:32 PM

Re: School sports

Only thing I was any good at was tennis hated all the other sports, we had a terrible accident when I was 13 a boy in my class in front of the whole school was impaled with a javelin. Put me right off field sports for ever.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 09:35 PM

No, not a sporty type.

Having said that, when I was teaching, being a Yorkshireman I felt morally obliged to teach the kids how to play cricket. After all, the Lankies need all the good cricketers they can get.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 09:35 PM

Oh gosh, Julie, how awful! Did he survive?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 09:37 PM

I did play both Football and Cricket for my School team, but i was not that good as im am not a team player. Much later in my life went on to partake of one v one types of sports, better suited to my personality.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Oh gosh, Julie, how awful! Did he survive?
Stop it Tess !!! We don't want the gory details

I was just average but joined in everything
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 09:41 PM

Oooh, I was good at cartwheels and handstands! Could still do handstand in my 30s. Daren't try it now though, I'd probably break my arms

Really hated hockey. Was on the netball team, can't remember what position I played but wasn't a shooter. Loved relay and hurdles. PE was ok but could never, ever, get up those bloody ropes.

I remember once I felt poorly and didn't want to do PE, so I said I had a hole in my knickers to get out of it

We never had cross country running at school. I waited till my 30s to try that.

Bringing those days back in the sports hall has brought back the 'smell' memory too.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Used to love football at school but hated field sports we sometimes set out the benches and such in the gym in a kind of assault course, it was great fun running around across all the equipment, I guess they couldn't do that nowadays though due to health and safety, no one liked rugby so the teacher would make the team run around the field if a try was scored against them so, of course each team would try and score to watch the others run , what fun!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

I have memories of running up to the vaulting horse, stopping and trying to climb over it! I could jump on a real horse ans gallop off though!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2016, 09:45 PM

At school I used to detest football just as much as I do now. A pointless game.

Of course, I tried it all: forged sick note; forgot kit; feeling sick. Unfortunately, I was sometimes obliged to stand about pretending to join in, wishing I'd brought a small book or comic I could hide in my pocket.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top