Join for free
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 10:02 AM

How?

Sorry to be so ignorant but how can I copy a CD?. My reason is that I have two `teach yourself Italian` CDs and they will need a lot of pausing and back tracking. My experience is that CDs do not seem to like it so I want to keep my masters in good condition.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 10:07 AM

Re: How?

its called ripping,i had to copy my cds on to a card to play in my car,,,,you download a program and follow instructions
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Sorry to be so ignorant but how can I copy a CD?. My reason is that I have two `teach yourself Italian` CDs and they will need a lot of pausing and back tracking. My experience is that CDs do not seem to like it so I want to keep my masters in good condition.
Download a simple program like Imgburn (just Google it) its free and once installed copying a CD to another CD-R is as easy as.

CDs are a bit old fashioned now, you might just rip the tracks to an MP3 on your computer and listen to them there or from an MP3 Player
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 10:09 PM

Quickest way is just to pop the CD into a photocopier
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2016, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Quickest way is just to pop the CD into a photocopier
Very droll!

Do you have Windows Media Player? If so, stick the CD in your CD drive and rip it - that will copy it to Windows Media Player. Save that as a file then put a blank CD in and "copy"......that makes a extra copy for you.

OR...........play your master CD and record onto any voice recording device - phone; Sony Walkman etc.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2016, 09:33 AM

What sort of computer do you have? If it's a Mac you can just import the tracks automatically in iTunes. You can also get iTunes for PCs although there are other free programs that you can download that will do the job. If you want to copy the cd you can burn the files from iTunes although it's best to import the files as AIFF or Wav rather than MP3 which is a lossy format.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top