Join for free
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2010, 08:36 AM

Sleepy Sunday

and hope everyone will enjoy a day of rest and be thankful

I am sick of the rain, although it has been clearing up in the afternoon. Got to take Loki to Lochwinnoch RSPB yesterday and had a lovely walk - Loki had fun dodging the muddy parts on the woodland path!

Take care and stay safe
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2010, 10:40 AM

Re: Sleepy Sunday

Morning
It's another of those mildish blusteryish cloudyish days - nothing to write home about but nothing really to complain about I suppose, unless you are on a beach holiday and had planned to soak up some rays
We have a family gathering for my mum's birthday - I guess we'll wet the baby's head too, though that will be in lemonade for a good number as we're driving from all over and meeting separately
Have a good Sunday everyone
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2010, 11:00 AM

Morning OFFers...

Gloomy but dry here, I noticed some of the hanging baskets and pots were starting to droop this morning despite the recent heavy rain - most likely dried out quicker due to the strong winds that have persisted lately.

Happy Birthday to your Mum, DM - hope you all enjoy your family gathering.

Hope everyone has a good day!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2010, 02:37 PM

"Mostly cloudy in the morning...then partly sunny. Highs 70 to 75. Northwest wind 10 mph."

I guess it doesn't get much better than that for a forecast. We had a little bit of overcast skies early yesterday morning. I was grateful for that because it causes the perfect lighting conditions to photograph flowers.

I went on a photo shoot with a photographer I met in an online forum. I invited Bill to join me at the Portland Rose Garden as well as the Japanese Garden next door. We parked our cars between the two gardens.

He must have enjoyed the occasion as he fired off about 200 shots. I shot 175 and wound up keeping 5. All in all it was a pleasant first get together. Have a great day all!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2010, 04:24 PM

Hi all. I always start with the weather as there's rarely any news: cloudless sky, breeze, 30C (86 F) and not too humid. To the market, stopped at the Flea Market but managed not to buy anything. Dinner: broiled crab cake, fresh spinach, potatoes rissole. Leia has not yet caught the mouse! This must be a diabolically clever one to evade my mighty huntress!

Bob, at one time we had a Catsey member who was a professional photographer and he once mentioned that he would take dozens and dozens of shots and end up keeping one or two!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2010, 09:01 PM

Happy Birthday to your Mum, Dinahsmum and enjoy your family celebration.

Maybe this is the one mouse that will escape the huntress Leia, Dandysmom!

Relaxing day today-two walks, in the rain of course-both jackets drying out. My friend called round for cuppa and chat-watched the end of the golf, had tea and back to relaxing...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2010, 09:31 PM

LOL, are you rooting for Supermouse, 'sis'?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2010, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
LOL, are you rooting for Supermouse, 'sis'?
Definitely not 'sis'-can't stand the little creatures!!!
Come on, Huntress Leia, get the job done!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top