Join for free
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 07:10 AM

Grayson Perry; All Man

Tonight; Thursday 12 th May 10-00 pm Channel 4

I know of Grayson Perry, but not much about him apart from the obvious dressing up
By chance I watched his first programme about cage fighting and the decline of coal mining in the north east

He is presenting a short series of programmes on tough masculine environments, and I thought he was an excellent presenter - clear, confident, and he gained the respect of those around him

Worth watching
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 09:41 AM

Re: Grayson Perry; All Man

Would have liked to see his viewpoint on Coal Mining in the North East. Certainly an eccentric character, but im not sure how engaging he would be.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 09:43 AM

Bit too 'way out' for me I think.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 10:57 AM

He delivered one of the Reith Lectures a while ago on R4. He did that very well too. For those who have an interest......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007...odes/downloads
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 12:31 PM

Interesting that you have mentioned the sort of things I was thinking of when I started this thread - it was early in the morning!

Obviously he is an artist, but did not come across as too extreme , superfluous, or even effeminate
He seemed genuinely interested and concerned in the people he talked to, and held my attention.
He came across as being quite sensible and down to earth
I recommend that you watch it
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2016, 06:22 PM

GP is such a nice man, I have seen him in various things on TV over the years. I will try to catch the rest of the programmes

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top