Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 11:46 AM

Wedding Present rejected

Just heard this on Good Morning ITV and found the link to it here ,Have you had any negative comments about a gift Wedding or not you have given ,?
And do you have a price limit .?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...us-enough.html
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 12:53 PM

Re: Wedding Present rejected

The best response in the comments section:

"Tell them you're cancelling the cheque and sending a more suitable donation. Send a cheque for 10p."

Then I'd have nothing more to do with the money grabbing bastards.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 12:55 PM

I was gobsmacked when I read that article.
Fancy that ... a £100 cheque not a good enough wedding present

If that's the going rate for a gift now I'm glad I rarely go to weddings. I don't think I've ever even come close.
I just get what I think people might like .. and I can afford.

It does seem to be the trend now that the bride and groom prefer money (substantial amounts too) rather than accepting a wellmeant gift with good grace and pleasure.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The best response in the comments section:

"Tell them you're cancelling the cheque and sending a more suitable donation. Send a cheque for 10p."
Then I'd have nothing more to do with the money grabbing bastards.
I like it ...10p ..it'd cost them more than that to cash it.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 01:06 PM

Being a generous sort I made my daughters best friend a millionaire for her wedding.

They were going to Vietnam for their honeymoon so I gave them 1.5million Dong they didn't complain at least (and lots of Dong seemed appropriate for a honeymoon)
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Being a generous sort I made my daughters best friend a millionaire for her wedding.

They were going to Vietnam for their honeymoon so I gave them 1.5million Dong they didn't complain at least (and lots of Dong seemed appropriate for a honeymoon)
what is that in real money £££
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 01:19 PM

What's wrong with an electric bread knife?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
what is that in real money £££
No idea, plus our money was above par with the $US at the time (now it is down to US70c) but probably $100 or £50
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 02:40 PM

I'm afraid that the only time that I was asked for cash as a wedding present I declined and gave a gift instead. I don't 'do' cash presents.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2016, 03:28 PM

It`s the thought that counts??--We got a watering can from some friends-every time it was used I thought `thank you`

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top