Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 11:21 AM

I'm Bored!

We have had a few lovely days and l have done more in those days than l have in ages! Today, the rain is back and l'm feeling stuck in and bored! (I sound like a teenager!)
Are you bored? Or don't you get time to be bored? Does the weather give you the energy and enthusiasm to do more?
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 11:25 AM

Re: I'm Bored!

We call it.. " cabin fever ". Its a sickness we Miamians suffer during the hurricane season. When we find ourselves locked in our homes with the shutters closed tight because of a on coming storm. Drives us nuts..
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 11:26 AM

I always feel more energized Artangel when the sun is shining and if I am stuck inside for any length of time it drives me loopy.

Mind you if I want something to do I go to the garage and start sorted through stuff we have put in there to go through on a raining day.
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 11:33 AM

I don't get bored. Life's too short. If I'm in the house, I'm either on line or reading - I don't do housework, now that is boring. I have a big garden that takes a lot of time and I go out most days, shopping and/or for my 'brisk walk' along a nice flat beach or, if the tide is in, along a cliff walk. I used to get bored doing things I didn't want to do and being with boring people but now, I'm my own mistress and I do what I want to do and nothing I don't want to do. Bliss.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
I don't get bored. Life's too short. If I'm in the house, I'm either on line or reading - I don't do housework, now that is boring. I have a big garden that takes a lot of time and I go out most days, shopping and/or for my 'brisk walk' along a nice flat beach or, if the tide is in, along a cliff walk. I used to get bored doing things I didn't want to do and being with boring people but now, I'm my own mistress and I do what I want to do and nothing I don't want to do. Bliss.
moreover, My garden is one acre in size, so you can imagine, l am never bored when l am out there! I think, it's the frustration of doing so much out there in the past few days and now l feel stuck in...and l hate housework!

Eyes, Yes, it is 'cabin fever'!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

10-05-2016, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I always feel more energized Artangel when the sun is shining and if I am stuck inside for any length of time it drives me loopy.

Mind you if I want something to do I go to the garage and start sorted through stuff we have put in there to go through on a raining day.
Shirley, That is a great idea.....now where's my energy and my ruthlessness to chuck stuff out?!!
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 11:58 AM

I only get bored watching TV .... otherwise I'm fine, usually !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 12:12 PM

Not bored here Art the only time I am bored is when I am with people and can't escape to do what I want

I just got back from the shops with some 'smellies' to wrap for my DIL's birthday and some local asparagus which I will knock into a quick soup for lunch today.

It may be wet but the rain is of the 'fine' variety so I will have a little potter before returning to curtain making
pumpkin
UK
pumpkin is female 

10-05-2016, 12:19 PM

I am never bored, there is always something to do. I don't do gardening because of my back, that's Alan's department as he likes to be outdoors. Now housework and ironing is boring but it has to be done at least once a week (ironing not so much). Most of the time I am busy beading with new designs, or I am on the pc. Mondays and Thursdays I teach line dancing which is now in it's 9th year, and that is my exercise for the week
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 12:29 PM

I am lucky I guess Art as I live in a sunny location. I sit outside mostly and if I feel bored I just pick up my hobby or go for a walk or cycle

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top