Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 10:18 AM

Hot air balloons

I was in my garden a couple of nights ago, when I heard a noise in the sky, looked up and saw not one, but THREE chaps bobbing along in their microlights. They sounded like flying lawn mowers going over.
I stood and watched their antics for a few minutes, then carried on with my weeding.

About 5 minutes later there was another sound from the sky.
This time a roaring noise.
Again I looked up and saw a huge hot air balloon floating by, very low down. I could see the man in the basket easily.

We get quite a few of these microlights and balloons in the sky's here during the summer. Does anyone else have these?

I remember an old friend of mine booked a balloon ride for herself and her husband on their silver wedding anniversary, we all went down there to see them off.
Don't think I'd dare do that myself though.

Has anyone here ever had a balloon ride?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 10:21 AM

Re: Hot air balloons

We get balloons especially when the Bristol Balloon festival is on. We had one crash,a couple of years ago, in a field not far from here, sadly the pilot died.
No microlights though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 10:36 AM

Would you go up in a balloon though Tess?
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 10:40 AM

I am like you Mups when I hear the noise always have to look up to see them flying around, the same with balloons I love to see them going over don't get that many now a days though.

I always wanted to go up in a balloon but once I started to hear about accidents it put me off a bit, although hubby did say I would have to go on my own if I wanted to do it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 10:58 AM

It's a fantastic experience Mups.
Crashes are very rare Mups, especially when you consider how many balloon flights there are each day. Mrs Fox presented me with a balloon flight for my sixtieth birthday although she wouldn't risk it, my daughter did. This is the pair of us flying over York. Unfortunately there wasn't much wind and we only managed to get about ten miles, but it was quite an experience and one that I may repeat sometime.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-05-2016, 11:00 AM

Wow, you are brave OGF.
I know I couldn't do it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 11:08 AM

Mups, I would be too scared too!
When l hear of people getting a hot air balloon flight for their birthday, I think...it's the last thing l would want!
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 11:17 AM

I would love it Mups. Just the sound of the flame helping you along
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 11:40 AM

Super photo. OldGreyFox.
We get hot air balloons over our house as well. I've never had the courage to get in one though I know where they are based. There are always plenty of people flying in them too.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2016, 12:38 PM

We get lots of the balloons coming over here.
My neighbour was taken in one as a gift from her husband and when it touched down with a thud she hurt her back but didn't like to say anything and spoil the moment .

Lots of hang gliders and microlights here too , they take off from the top of the hills. Chloe isn't keen on them buzzing overhead .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top