Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 09:11 AM

Justice at last!!!

For decades it was a well known fact, particularly amongst the building trade, that employers had a 'blacklist' provided by 'nasty party' associates like the "economic League".

Now some of those caught in the blacklist are to receive financial compensation from the building companies that applied that blacklist.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...truction-firms
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 11:12 AM

Re: Justice at last!!!

I may be wrong but I think may find the article said that the information came from a private company called The Consulting Association.

Quote:
The construction industry used to monitor more than 3,000 building workers through a shadowy organisation, the Consulting Association, which was eventually raided by the Information Commissioner’s Office after earlier revelations in the Guardian.

Nothing to do with the Economic League. Either way, though as you say justice has been done, pity you tried to distort it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
I may be wrong but I think may find the article said that the information came from a private company called The Consulting Association.

Quote:
The construction industry used to monitor more than 3,000 building workers through a shadowy organisation, the Consulting Association, which was eventually raided by the Information Commissioner’s Office after earlier revelations in the Guardian.

Nothing to do with the Economic League. Either way, though as you say justice has been done, pity you tried to distort it.

Care to apologise now???

Economic League (United Kingdom)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Economic League Successor

The Consulting Association (TCA)
CAPRiM
Formation 1919
Extinction 1993
Type NGO
Purpose political advocacy
Key people
William Reginald Hall
Formerly called
National Propaganda

The Economic League was an organisation in the United Kingdom dedicated to opposing what they saw as subversion and action against free enterprise. As part of this the organisation maintained a list of alleged leftwing troublemakers for decades, which corporate members of the League used to vet job applicants, often denying jobs on the basis of the list. In the late 1980s press investigations revealed the poor quality of the League's data, and following a 1990 parliamentary inquiry and further press reporting, the League closed down in 1993. However, key League personnel continued similar vetting activities through organizations including The Consulting Association.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 12:54 PM

It's those greedy workers wanting to be paid money causing all the problems of the Country, Why don't they shut up and eat their gruel, while tugging their forelocks to their superiors?
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 12:59 PM

No, it proves nothing, except you will lose no opportunity to pin the blame on the Conservatives. They day I see an apology from you for all the lies and half truths you push about the Conservatives, I may just reciprocate.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 01:16 PM

Very magnanimous of you Old Bean.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

09-05-2016, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
No, it proves nothing, except you will lose no opportunity to pin the blame on the Conservatives. They day I see an apology from you for all the lies and half truths you push about the Conservatives, I may just reciprocate.

One of the main members of this group was Robert McAlpine who was also at one time a treasurer to the 'nasty party' so its a sure bet that the information on Trade Union activists was instigated by the 'nasty party', so yes their neck is in the frame.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 01:55 PM

So, as it's been going for 30 years, did BLiar try to stop it? Or was he too busy invading ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

09-05-2016, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
So, as it's been going for 30 years, did BLiar try to stop it? Or was he too busy invading ?

Still trying to pass the buck, and don't like your nose being rubbed in it. You still can't answer the allegation made that it was inspited by the 'nasty party, but then knowing what the 'nasty party' scumbags they are I'm not surprised in slightest.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2016, 02:54 PM

*Big yawn* ... it's nasty party mania again.

As per usual .. the subject gets lost due to the obsessional need to blame ...nasty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top