Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2010, 09:36 PM

North Falls HDR

I think I'm starting to get the hang of shooting a set of photos for HDR processing. I still used 3 photographs with 2.0 F-stops above and below normal. Compared to a single photo taken of the same Falls last year this HDR version is much better, much more balanced and natural looking. Comments welcome!

Silver Falls State Park - North Falls

merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2010, 09:50 PM

Re: North Falls HDR

Don't know the first thing about photography Bob, but love looking at your photos.........
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2010, 10:04 PM

I'm just a point and shooter, Bob but to me your photo is amazing - just wish I could take a photo like that!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2010, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'm just a point and shooter, Bob but to me your photo is amazing - just wish I could take a photo like that!
Thanks merz & mags. Anyone willing to learn can take these photos. If I had you all here I could teach you how. I do so love to teach but don't have any willing students here. I learned the techniques used here in the past two weeks. I've been shooting for 42 years.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2010, 02:56 PM

Lovely photo, Bob. I can feel that waterfall splashing down!! I point and shoot and hope for the best as well, even although Grant does advise me (Dejavu on YOP)!! I don't have the patience! Got a good camera (Canon 400D)!!

Your pics are always brilliant.

Take care.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 11:36 PM

I have been trying to get into HDR for a while and have had some limited success with it, but i have not produced anything as good as this. Although I always photograph water with a low ISO and a timed exposure of around 1/10 sec and nine times out of ten produces a good image with blurred 'ghostly' water.
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2012, 12:23 AM

That is a beautiful shot of the waterfall! I too enjoy your photos.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2012, 12:43 AM

That's beautiful Bob the water looks 'alive '.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2012, 09:28 AM

Sounds more like a maths lesson than photography Bob.. Great shot though...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top