Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 01:20 AM

Prison Staff Strike

Another strike now.
I saw in the paper today that staff at Wormwood Scrubs prison walked out over safety fears. They claim the prison is "flooded" with drugs, mobile phones and weapons.
About 50 of the staff gathered outside to protest about the number of assaults on the prison staff.

Mike Rolfe of the Prison Officers Assoc. said "the jail of flooded with weapons, drugs and phones and staff will stay outside until they can seek assurances from management that their concerns will be addressed."

The prisoners had to be locked in their cells as an emergency measure.

Not a job I would want thank you.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 06:29 AM

Re: Prison Staff Strike

How on Earth can they deal with this? Perhaps the army could go in and search everyone and everything and give it a "deep clean"!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 08:44 AM

A job I could never do . When I watch programmes about prisons I can sense the underlying aggression.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 08:45 AM

Not pleasant for the men who work there. Not sure what the solution would be though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
How on Earth can they deal with this? Perhaps the army could go in and search everyone and everything and give it a "deep clean"!

Doubt that would stop visitors bringing in more for them later on though Tess. A friends husband used to work at the small prison about 6 miles away from me, and she said people used to sometimes throw things over the high surrounding wall for the inmates.
I suppose mobiles can enable them to still organise crime from inside, drugs would give them money and power over other inmates, and weapons for anyone that crosses them.

What a horrible existence.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Perhaps starting with the Wardens?
a relation of mine was a warden, he got out, he couldn't believe how much the other wardens turned a blind eye etc.some are as bad as the prisoners

Prisoners have far too may privledges.in my mind.
if "stuff" is being thrown over the walls then this needs to be addressed.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 01:20 PM

Doesn't surprise me ...
It's about time the focus shifted to the safety of the prison warders rather than the rights of the prisoners for a change.. it must be a horrible job, I could never do it.
I wonder where they stand if they are ever injured at work?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Doesn't surprise me ...
It's about time the focus shifted to the safety of the prison warders rather than the rights of the prisoners for a change.. it must be a horrible job, I could never do it.
I wonder where they stand if they are ever injured at work?
One Prison Officer I have as a facebook friend and I see now and again.

He was assaulted by a Convicted Muslim Terriost had his nose broken and was off work for a couple of weeks.

The Muslim received no punishment over the attack.

That was in Belmarsh.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-05-2016, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
One Prison Officer I have as a facebook friend and I see now and again.

He was assaulted by a Convicted Muslim Terriost had his nose broken and was off work for a couple of weeks.

The Muslim received no punishment over the attack.

That was in Belmarsh.

Might have been better to say "The prisoner received no punishment " Galty, rather than "the muslim"?
It doesn't matter was religion he was, he was still a bad 'un.

It's just inviting the prison thread to turn into yet another muslim bashing thread now . Just my opinion.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2016, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
Not pleasant for the men who work there. Not sure what the solution would be though.
The solution is patently obvious: go back to Victorian values and make the prisons as they were in those days.

It will never happen, of course: too many bleeding hearts and human rights lawyers, and a very weak government.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top