Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2016, 10:26 PM

Turkey

The thought of Turkey being allowed into the EU is horrifying .
These are treacherous people and sure as eggs they will gravitate to the UK.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2016, 11:21 PM

Re: Turkey

Not all are treacherous.

I suspect that a great many will wish to get away from Erdogan and his Islamisation of Turkey and many more coming in to look for work and a cushy billet.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2016, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Fit right in with the Tories then.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2016, 02:04 AM

I note from Purwell's quote those typical xenophobic words
"These are treacherous people .... ".

It seems that there are some who still do not realize how stupid it is to tar all those of one nationality with the same brush.

One would hope that extensive travel would reveal to a normal person that there are 'the good, the bad and the ugly' in every society.
Hell, I knew that whilst still a teenager, never having been outside my own state.

There are serial killers in Britain. There are paedophiles in Australia.
Therefore, all Brits are serial killers, all Aussies are paedophiles
and all Turks are treacherous.
How ridiculous.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2016, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Think The Zionist state wants to as well.

http://www.businessinsider.com/81-of...on-2011-7?IR=T
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2016, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
I note from Purwell's quote those typical xenophobic words
"These are treacherous people .... ".

It seems that there are some who still do not realize how stupid it is to tar all those of one nationality with the same brush.

One would hope that extensive travel would reveal to a normal person that there are 'the good, the bad and the ugly' in every society.
Hell, I knew that whilst still a teenager, never having been outside my own state.

There are serial killers in Britain. There are paedophiles in Australia.
Therefore, all Brits are serial killers, all Aussies are paedophiles
and all Turks are treacherous.
How ridiculous.
I agree Pumic. I do believe if people chose to travel more it would open up people's misconception of other nationalities
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2016, 11:22 AM

Being a multi-cultural country I do not believe we need to travel the globe to see what is in store for us, if we stay in the EU. You only have to take a bus or a train and travel to areas such as Bradford/Birmingham/Greenford and Southall,Harlesden/ Brixton/Peckham/Tower Hamlets/Finchley and that is just a few off the top of my head. It would be different if they tried to mix and learn the English language and abide by our laws. But they don't and also because our immigration system is weak how many terrorists are we allowing in the country playing the card of down trodden people.
I have lived in Spain and found it a fantastic country but it needs to be said like Italy and a lot of med countries pretty racist. At least we do give every culture a chance.
Have a look at this this is the Turkey government.

I think its a great idea I believe watching the British MP's fighting in the Parliament could be the next big reality tv show..
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2016, 03:36 PM

Just what we need ( not) people who follow a barbaric theology and suppress free speech .

https://richarddawkins.net/2016/05/t...e-hebdo-cover/
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2016, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
I agree Pumic. I do believe if people chose to travel more it would open up people's misconception of other nationalities
You would certainly think so, Goldie.
But I guess it depends on the individual's prejudice and IQ.

Purwell quoted one of our most seasoned travelers (allegedly) saying, of the entire Turkish nation
"These are treacherous people".

And that is as stupid as using the collective "they" or "them" when implying that all Muslims are terrorists.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2016, 06:54 AM

The problem we have tough, is that although not all Muslims are terrorists, just about all terrorists are Muslim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top