Join for free
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2010, 11:32 PM

HRH Great-Grandma

The Queen is due to become a Great Grandmother for the first time in December. Princess Anne's son, Peter Phillips and his wife are expecting their first child.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10567194.stm
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2010, 09:43 AM

Re: HRH Great-Grandma

Aw thanks for that link. Congrats to the happy couple and their families! I always liked Princess Anne - very down to earth and speaks her mind!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2010, 10:13 AM

Peter, like his mother I admire, at least he has a job in a bank, Ok it is in Hong Kong.
Congratulations Your Majesty.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2010, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Peter, like his mother I admire, at least he has a job in a bank, Ok it is in Hong Kong.
Congratulations Your Majesty.
Does that mean they don't sponge off the state? Never thought of it actually - but how many of the royals live off tax-payers money?

Personally I don't see why we have to pay for them - they've got enough money of their own! All those millions could go to pensioners who struggle to keep warm in the winter as far as I am concerned!!

The only argument you get back from royalists is because of all the tourism they bring in - well then get businesses to pay for them not us!

Sorry for ranting in your thread Mags!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2010, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Does that mean they don't sponge off the state? Never thought of it actually - but how many of the royals live off tax-payers money?

Personally I don't see why we have to pay for them - they've got enough money of their own! All those millions could go to pensioners who struggle to keep warm in the winter as far as I am concerned!!

The only argument you get back from royalists is because of all the tourism they bring in - well then get businesses to pay for them not us!

You tell 'em, Azz!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2010, 08:41 PM

Think it was published this week that the Royal family costs each of us 61p a year, far to much for some
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2010, 08:54 PM

Congratulations to all concerned.....Quite like Princess Anne-never see her in the headlines, but apparently does work hard and does a lot for Charities....
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2010, 10:54 AM

I would rather have my taxes support HRH than our money grabbing politicians.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2010, 04:27 PM

I'm with you on this - let them fund themselves. They've built up a nice little nest egg over hundreds of years by suppressing/extorting Joe Public.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top