Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 05:09 PM

Austria, an example of what we could do.

Hi

All this fuss and bother at the moment about the EU, Immigration, etc etc.

I do not believe for one moment that it is the EU who is dictating to us about Immigration and that we need to leave to sort this out.

There are many reasons to leave the EU in it's current form, however we have to accept that many of the issues are entirely of our own making, in particular, our response to Economic Migrants from outside the EU.

This is what Austria has just done, a founding EU Member State, a member of the Eurozone, so far more integrated than the UK is.

Austria is subject to the same ECHR as we are, no excuses there.

http://www.mia.mk/en/Inside/RenderSi.../58/133147792?

I am at a complete loss as to why we have not done the same.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 05:22 PM

Re: Austria, an example of what we could do.

Possibly because Britain likes to blame the EU for absolutely everything, or maybe because Britain has always liked to see itself as the saviour of people from all countries.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Possibly because Britain likes to blame the EU for absolutely everything, or maybe because Britain has always liked to see itself as the saviour of people from all countries.
Anally retentive is the term you are looking for.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Anally retentive is the term you are looking for.
Quite possibly.
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

All this fuss and bother at the moment about the EU, Immigration, etc etc.

I do not believe for one moment that it is the EU who is dictating to us about Immigration and that we need to leave to sort this out.

There are many reasons to leave the EU in it's current form, however we have to accept that many of the issues are entirely of our own making, in particular, our response to Economic Migrants from outside the EU.

This is what Austria has just done, a founding EU Member State, a member of the Eurozone, so far more integrated than the UK is.

Sounds sensible to me.. I would go further and introduce something on the lines of the Japanese model.. only more so
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 07:17 PM

Why not shoot anyone who cannot prove he is related to good old John Bull?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Why not shoot anyone who cannot prove he is related to good old John Bull?
Lets take it one step further Purwell, only keep people with blonde hair and blue eyes.......Wait a minute, has somebody already thought of that....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2016, 09:55 PM

John Bull, yes, a puncture repair, or a Homebrew Kit, WTFHTGTOWA?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2016, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

Of course they can do this. Wasn't it Hungary that built a big fence that seemed to keep the hordes out?

And neither Austria nor Hungary have a 'moat' like we do.

But unlike us, they do appear to have competent politicians!
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2016, 04:33 PM

I wonder why we never get any refugees from Israel. It's the tiniest country in the vast Middle East area and the most densely populated. We get plenty of Arabs and people of African descent from that area. There are also thousands of Israeli muslims who don't appear to want to escape.

It'th a mythtery!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top