Join for free
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2010, 09:19 AM

Friday thoughts:)

to everyone.

End of week already - time is racing past!! 70 years since the Battle of Britain so my thoughts go to all those who lost their lives and loved ones then, although it was before my time, I heard about it from my parents and read about it as well.

Onwards and upwards though. Hope AB that you aren't feeling so much like a pin cushion today. Hope all went well when you went back.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Take care.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2010, 12:09 PM

Re: Friday thoughts:)

Morning or should I say Good Afternoon Rosemary and everyone else of course.

Thank you for thinking about me Rosemary, the blood tests did not work as the nurse hoped for so I become a pin cushion again next Thursday.

My daughter is on holiday in France and today she is visiting the graves of our Uncles and the other men who died to make our lives better. May the rest in peace.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2010, 12:31 PM

Good afternoon everyone!

Nothing special planned for today, just catching up on the housework ready for the invasion by my grandchildren tomorrow ...... I love it really!

Hope everyone has a good day and weekend ahead!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2010, 12:44 PM

Good morning all! Another hot one here today after reaching 97F yesterday. I got my scooter to the shop for its service so today I must figure out how to fetch it. Maybe I can impose on the same nice folks that help me yesterday.

Got one of my photos processed by a new online service, MPIX, and received the 12"x18" print in the mail yesterday. Wow they did a brilliant job and actually shipped it in a box, flat. I'll be using them again for sure.

Hooray it's also payday. I only get one more normal paycheck from Intel at the end of July and I'm through with paychecks. Have a great day!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2010, 12:49 PM

Cold and rainy here Where's our summer gone!?
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2010, 12:50 PM

70 years since the Battle of Britain. And I`m still in touch with someone I met via the `net`. He was one of the few and was shot down. "I bailed out OK but the ruddy(not his word)Home Guard shot my parachute up"

He ended up staying in the RAF and retired as a Wing Commander.

We met a few years ago and he cooked us lunch but he was not really interested in those days so much as talking about recipes and growing veg.

http://www.military-art.com/mall/profiles.php?SigID=895
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2010, 04:49 PM

It's cooling down a bit here, presently only 29 C (80 F), mostly cloudy and a bit humid but a breeze makes it comfortable. Rain finally due tonight and tomorrow, much needed. No errands, a lie in and pottering.

Seventy years since the Battle of Britain??? I always think of Churchill's comment: "Never have so many owed so much to so few" ....

We have already lost two minutes of evening light.....
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2010, 08:43 PM

Evening all-hope you've all had a good day. Quite a relaxing day today although I did wipe down all my window frames and doors outside.Also side gate and side garage door ready for painting. My BIL has very kindly offered to paint the doors for me...what a nice person he is!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top