Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2010, 02:06 PM

The Chair's In The Mail

My best friend's birthday is Sunday so I ordered him a hand made folding camping chair known as a Kermit Chair. They've been around for years, are made of solid wood and heavy duty rainproof fabric and can easily fit on a motorcycle when going camping.

Anyway I ordered the chair with Warren's name embroidered on it two weeks ago. His birthday is Sunday but his parents & I are taking him to dinner and giving him his gifts on Monday because of work schedules. I thought the chair would be here by now because my banking account has already seen the cost debited against my account. I'm glad I called this morning because that embroidery had to be sent out & takes longer. They are sending it out to me via UPS next day service. That's an additional $54. to get here on time.

I wish online vendors would not charge credit cards until an item actually ships. That way you know it's in the mail. Had I not gotten curious and called, the gift would not have gotten here in time. I hope Warren like his chair.

http://www.kermitchair.com/

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2010, 04:09 PM

Re: The Chair's In The Mail

What a super present,Bob - your friend should be really delighted with his chair.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2010, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
What a super present,Bob - your friend should be really delighted with his chair.
I always try to be personal with my gifts, getting them something I'd like to have. I use a $5 bag chair that does me just fine. I stopped camping two years ago when I realized I could no longer easily get off the ground.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2010, 08:07 PM

It is annoying when they take the money beforehand Bob-sure your friend will be very pleased with his chair.........
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2010, 09:14 AM

That's a great pressie to get and I bet your friend will be delighted with it. Online can be a nuisance - they take the money straight away from accounts, yet if returns are made they don't put the money back in as quick!!

Hope you have a lovely time at the birthday meal.

Take care.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2010, 12:13 PM

Bob I have never had any trouble using the internet to buy things(touch wood). The companies that I use do not take money out of the account until the item/s are dispatched.
I am sure Warren will appreciate the thought given to this pressie.
bobmielke
Portland, OR

09-07-2010, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Bob I have never had any trouble using the internet to buy things(touch wood). The companies that I use do not take money out of the account until the item/s are dispatched.
I am sure Warren will appreciate the thought given to this pressie.
I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I was new at ordering online. I've purchased hundreds of things including expensive cameras, computers and suspenders. I do have to be careful when I give my mailing address because the street name is so long that I need to abbreviate part of it to fit into the street field in the UPS database. Otherwise they chop my apartment number off and won't deliver the package.

The practice of cashing the check or removing credit card payments before shipping is not normal. I had to correct my sister & her hubby on that point. They have a business online that sells motorcycle apparel.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2010, 12:49 PM

Sounds like a nice present Bob - am sure Warren will like it

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top