Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 07:19 PM

Hectic week ahead.

I hand over my home on Thursday but want to be out on Wednesday, so a lot of packing to do.

I've just booked a flight to Spain for Tuesday 3rd May, I was considering flights for 19th but I'll need the break.

Sad to see my home in the hand's of the new owners' but it's time for another family to enjoy.

Oh well, onwards and upwards as the saying goes.
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 07:23 PM

Re: Hectic week ahead.

its sad when you have to leave your home but wish you luck for your new house and enjoy Spain
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 07:25 PM

Good luck x
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I hand over my home on Thursday but want to be out on Wednesday, so a lot of packing to do.

I've just booked a flight to Spain for Tuesday 3rd May, I was considering flights for 19th but I'll need the break.

Sad to see my home in the hand's of the new owners' but it's time for another family to enjoy.

Oh well, onwards and upwards as the saying goes.
Any idea when you move into Castle Tpin?
Another holiday mate? Good luck to you. Nip over to Venice in a couple of weeks and I'll buy you a beer or six
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 07:43 PM

I've never really felt any affinity with a house so having moved several times it's been no problem but having said I understand others do. I wish you well in your new home, hope you're happy there.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 07:45 PM

We house moved only 18 months ago Terry, so my sympathies are with you as per your OP sentiments.
Good luck my friend, and you have a lovely break there.
You will need it!

Best regards

Kenny
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 07:46 PM

Good luck in your new home Tpin and enjoy Spain, the weather is lovely at the present time, well it is here anyway.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Any idea when you move into Castle Tpin?
Another holiday mate? Good luck to you. Nip over to Venice in a couple of weeks and I'll buy you a beer or six
I've almost got 'Castle Tpin' ready......I've owned it for about 18 years and rented it out for the last 10 on and off so a bit of tlc was needed.

I'll be in on Wednesday, just a short trip of about a mile up the road.

Just a new porch and double garage/utility room roof left for the summer.

As for Venice........you never know
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Good luck with the move Tpin. Have you got a new property ready to move into, or will you rent for a while?

I always feel a little wistful when I go past places where I have lived. It is strange not being able to go in anymore when you lived there for so long.
I feel especially nostalgic looking at my Mum's house, and also the farm where I lived.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

24-04-2016, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I've never really felt any affinity with a house so having moved several times it's been no problem but having said I understand others do. I wish you well in your new home, hope you're happy there.
This one was a bit special, I inherited some land and a house off my Gran, sold the house and retained the land.

The cash from the house sale went towards building the new house which I built myself......my kids grew up here so there's a lot of fond memories attached.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top