Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 06:41 PM

Roman market

I didn't have any plans today, but as usual something cropped up and I went to a Roman market with my friend.
We took our dogs with us and had a pleasant afternoon wandering about the market, which was only quite small, and a walk on the sea front.

Roman soldiers being given some orders (I think)

A stall full of witches

Lovely little pottery houses

A toy stall

Octopus for dinner?

Childrens chair swing roundabout

The sea got a bit choppy when it got breezy

ChoCho having a rest

Leather bags

statue in the harbour (not sure what it's supposed to represent, but the faces are scary)

Seagull landing

Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 06:49 PM

Re: Roman market

It all happens in your neck of the woods Clumsy doesn't it?!
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 06:53 PM

luv the pics clumsy,,thanks
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 06:54 PM

Where abouts in Spain is this festival being held ? This is quite curious.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
It all happens in your neck of the woods Clumsy doesn't it?!
There always seems to be something going on Rhian, certainly no need to be bored.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 06:57 PM

I think you've discovered the secret of timetravel Clumsy!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 06:59 PM

Lovely colourful market, Loretta
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

24-04-2016, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
Where abouts in Spain is this festival being held ? This is quite curious.
Today was in Torrevieja. We are lucky in that we are within a few miles driving of many lovely places and there´s always some fiesta or event somewhere. On the 2nd May myself and 3 other friends will be going to the running of the wine horses, this will be my 4th time to this event and the first time for 2 of the friends going with me. It only happens on the first Tuesday in May every year and it is the most colourful, noisy, crazy day you can imagine.

http://murciatoday.com/video-running...uz_6156-a.html

If you like the Roman theme, you should try the Roman and Carthaginian fiesta in Cartagena, it´s very spectacular.

http://allexciting.com/romans-carthaginians/

Cartagena is a naval town and it is really beautiful, one of my very favourite places.

We have the carnivals in February, the May fair, various fiestas, now we have the Moors and Christians fiestas coming up, there´s certainly always something to see, no wonder my housework never gets done
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

24-04-2016, 07:16 PM

Thank you all. I wanted to get photos of the soldiers marching through the market, but we were either eating and the camera was switched off, or by the time I´d got the camera switched on they´d gone past. One day I will be well organised, just not sure when that day will be.

Tess, I would love to go time travelling, but these events are the best I can manage for now.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 07:19 PM

They look fantastic! Lucky you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top