Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 02:43 PM

repeating oneself

I have a lovely friend , love her dearly but she just keeps repeating the same things over again . V is younger than me and when we meet up once a week or so I hear all about what's happened more times then I can count . I tell her halfway through the same thing that she has told me , yes I do know and yet she will continue talking the same old stories .

It's at the stage where I am glassy eyed during our time together , and sometimes I don't answer the phone .....you see I already know what she's gonna say . There is nothing wrong with her it's always been the same for years

I know I can repeat things , and forget what I've told someone but I look at their face to see if they already know what I've said .

I used to joke that if someone told me something it would be OK to tell me again because I've forgotten anyway .

I'll stop writing now , just in case I repeat myself

Yep I love my little mate V , but she could talk a glass eye to sleep
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 02:46 PM

Re: repeating oneself

I empathise Susan

I speak to my sister (who lives over a 100 miles away) once a week on the phone for an hour. We also text each other during the week .
When we speak on the phone she tells me all the things she has already told me in the texts
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 02:49 PM

Ha ha. I love the last sentence.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 02:49 PM

I used to know a couple where the husband tended to do this, quite often with "During the War" in front of it and she'd just say you're repeating yourself again and he'd stop in mid-low, confused.
I let them carry on these days, to me it's kinder. stevmk2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 02:50 PM

Oh and I love the last sentence.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 02:50 PM

Sad in a way, poor old gal.

I hope I don't get like that.
I said, I hope I don't get like that . . . . I hope . Oh!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sad in a way, poor old gal.

I hope I don't get like that.
I said, I hope I don't get like that . . . . I hope . Oh!
Too late Mups you need a quick Poink with Tessa's stick .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-04-2016, 03:05 PM

Erm! ?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 04:27 PM

Perhaps she is repeating herself because you have a far away look , like you are not listening or even not on the same planet ..
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2016, 04:28 PM

I wonder if it's an early sign of Dementia?
I used to do a lovely lady's hair in her own home. She would ask me how many children l had, l would reply, five. Then she would ask me their names and l would reel off... Melanie, Daniel, Annelise, Francesca and Katrina. After about ten minutes, she would ask me the same questions again and again and again. I was polite and would just repeat it, every time she asked me!
She eventually got worse and had to go into a nursing home after walking into a pub near her home at 8pm one night in just her petticoat.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top