Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 09:08 AM

How much is too much?

I have my phone and broadband with Talktalk, my bill is around £38 a month. I only make at most three phone calls a week as family phone me or go on Chat talk to friends on Facebook or Chat / text too. So I'm paying that amount for landline and broadband.
My mobile is contract with Talktalk too £12 a month.
That includes the phone which I've had for well over a year without an upgrade offer.
Are these amounts normal?
I can't face trying to contact Talktalk it's terrible, have to wait and never sure the people on the phone understand what I want. I think I would rather change providers if I'm paying to much.
Am I?
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 09:19 AM

Re: How much is too much?

Sounds about right TessA. Even if you went for broadband only you would still have to pay for your landline. BT are expensive as well. Other the shopping around for another package. Perhaps somebody else can come up with a solution. Perhaps internet calls
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 09:23 AM

BT are incredibly expensive. I only have my phone with them and regularly pay well over £70 a month, which includes free calls at any time.

My broadband has been with Wanadoo/Orange/EE since the year dot (ok, when I moved to broadband from dial up), and have been £12.26 for a good number of years. This gives me unlimited data and I've never been hauled over the coals for exceeding a limit (something my brother gets regularly from BT). I've now been told my bill is going up from June by £1.50 a month, so will pay £13.76. Still a bargain I think.

Quite satisfied with my broadband, especially now I have a new router.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 09:35 AM

I have been with TalkTalk since the Homecall and Tiscali days and have no complaints except for spammers on e-mail. I pay £38 per month as well which includes broadband, line rental, TalkTalk TV and anytime phone calls.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 09:41 AM

I had every thing on BT. My last bill was £36.48. I have my home phone that is free calls anytime, super fast fibre broadband, (yea right). I pay line rental yearly.
I did have my mobile but it cost £5 a month, but I very rarely use it now. So I recently cancelled that and now on 3 that is I stuck a £10 on and that will last for ever.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 09:45 AM

I pay £40 a month for Broadband only with Virgin, I don't have a land line .
I pay to be on their fastest speed and unlimited down load .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 10:03 AM

Yo Tessa!

Was on Virgin but changed over to BT last year about this time.
I've got a landline with free anytime calls and Infinity Broadband (as seen on TV)
We haven't got high speed fibre yet 'up north' not in the sticks anyway!
I paid my line rental for the year at £194 and the first year on BT came out at £15 per month. So it was it was good while it lasted. However, I had a shock this month when I received my bill for £27 - no more Mr nice guy...But I knew from the start that it would go up after the first year.
So if you factor in the line rental it now comes out at £43 a month for Broadband and free anytime calls. I suppose whoever you get to rent your line off you will still pay the same'ish so £27 a month for free calls and Broadband isn't too bad.

The broadband has been good so I will stick with BT.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 10:28 AM

It's amazing that I pay more for just broadband (practically) than I pay for electricity or gas with which I'm very frugal!
Our phone signal is very bad here and broadband is very slow here. If there was a wifi signal or whatever it's called, I think I'd give up the phoneline.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2016, 10:48 AM

I suppose what I pay is pretty good then. I pay £23.48 a month for my Plusnet service. For this I get line rental, free evening and weekend calls and unlimited broadband, (not superfast).

I pay £5 a month to O2 for my mobile for which I get 200 minutes of calls, 200 texts and a small amount of data which is more than enough for me.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

22-04-2016, 10:52 AM

Sounds good Val!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top