Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2016, 09:19 PM

On Your Head!

A full head of hair is attractive on a man, and a woman
But surely you would not stop loving your betrothed if he lost it over the years!
Some men try desperately to restore it, but the only thing that does restore it is Hair transplants.
Well, some time ago my friend whose husband’s hair was receding called.
“You will never guess the latest, He’s using Chicken S’’’ on his head” she said.
“Please stop being crude” I said” It’s chicken manure”
“Whatever it is”, said she, “I have told him he cannot sleep with me smelling like a farmyard”
“What do you mean, ” said I, “Here look at this” and she thrust a piece of Newspaper in my hand On it there was an ad for Hair Restorer written by a Farmer
Apparently, after cleaning out the chicken sheds he noticed that the backs of his hands had become very hairy!! And it happened to another Chicken Farmer as well.
This was before all the new Health regulations re; cosmetics and skin and Hair preparations became law. They decided to market it after freeze drying it as a Hair growing solution in small packets sans odour.
“That does not mean hair will grow on your head if you rub in Chicken manure nightly” I commented
“I have told him, ” said she “ If he does not stop using it I am divorcing him”
“Well, it is your fault” I replied “ you embarrassed him calling him Baldy Locks.

Later he did stop using it and it and the rest of it went on the rhubarb in the garden.
Actually quite a lot was sold, but later withdrawn as it simply did not grow hair on the head

Anyway ..Who wants hairy hands?
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2016, 10:06 PM

Re: On Your Head!

From about aged 35 to aged 50 I used to wear a wig.
Seriously, I used to call it Roland Rat!

That was the worse thing I ever did, particularly when really speaking I was more handsome bald.
If you don't believe me.
Go look at my profile!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2016, 11:40 PM

Omg I daren't at this time, I'll never sleep!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 12:12 AM

Azure, l keep hens and l wondered if this is why l have grown hair on my chin? Some on here accused me of playing an April Fools joke when l put the pic on here on 1st April!
Thank Goodness, you have started a thread so that l can prove l wasn't joking at all, it's my hens' fault that l have a beard!!
Hen poo is very strong and l don't think it should be put on the garden until it's over a year old. It must be potent stuff then if makes hair grow!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 09:04 AM

Feel for men losing their hair the same as I do for women - there is no difference
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Feel for men losing their hair the same as I do for women - there is no difference
Im not sure i agree Patsy, women put a lot more on their appearence than us blokes, and of course there is the old myth about a bald mans virility.

I do remember the change it made my sister when loosing her hair due to cancer treatment when i took her to a top wig maker and told her too choose whatever she wanted. It certainly seemed to give her back a measure of her self.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 10:51 AM

I have no problem with bald men...OH now shaves his head and I think he looks great.

When I met him he had raven black wavey hair that fell to his shoulder and he looked like a greek god..

There is no way that would look good on a nearly 60 yr old !

I dont not like wigs, comb overs or hair transplants they just look fake..

There is a different attitude to men than to women..
When I was sick I started to loose my hair and had a very thin area at the back.
A manager at work asked how I was and then said 'if your hair gets any thinner will you get a wig'?

I was angry because I bet no man in the company had been asked that, yet there were loads of thinning or nearly blad men around.

I looked the manager in the eye and told him, that if I decided to wear a wig it would be bright pink or green because I was not going to have anyone second guessing and playing the nudge nudge is she, isnt she game ..

He went bright red and never mentioned it again.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Im not sure i agree Patsy, women put a lot more on their appearence than us blokes, and of course there is the old myth about a bald mans virility.

I do remember the change it made my sister when loosing her hair due to cancer treatment when i took her to a top wig maker and told her too choose whatever she wanted. It certainly seemed to give her back a measure of her self.
Then why do all products for hair loss sell so well ?
The market is so strong and will continue to be, a lot of male 'stars' have work done - a bit too expensive for the ordinary Joe though
I also looked into a forum for hair loss a couple of years back
The men on there would tell you the same as me - they want their hair back - given a choice
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2016, 01:00 PM

I'm mid fifties and luckily still have most of my hair.
I've got hardly any grey either.

Maybe hereditary? my father is nearly 90 and still has all his hair, as does mum.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-04-2016, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I'm mid fifties and luckily still have most of my hair.
I've got hardly any grey either.

Maybe hereditary? my father is nearly 90 and still has all his hair, as does mum.
I think it is, Fabs uncle had a terrific head of hair till he passed

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top