Join for free
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 12:23 PM

Daily Tune - April 14

This one is Bobby Darin song..... "THINGS" ....
.................................................. ..........."Like a walk in the park - (Things) ....like a kiss in the dark ....(Things) ...like a sailboat ride" .... xo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6pB3tOq7lo
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 01:03 PM

Re: Daily Tune - April 14

Lovely lyrics Gia, off topic but i was wondering how your watercolour lessons are coming along, ive only done a couple myself and found it a hard medium to do. ?
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 02:14 PM

Hello Brian ..

Well.... they coming along.... um, I am further and further convince that you either "has it" or you not, when it come to painting. : } ..... Kate, (Kate Furler is my instructor - she have paint for 60 year) tell me to stay with it, Gia... but - as you say, it is not easy... watercolor is very unforgiving..... I have make two picture that are "okay" but not terrific. They living up in the attic now. I have so much love for the softness of watercolor that I truly wish I can stay with it.... I have notice a bit of improvement since I first begin (MANY month ago!) ...so I will do as she ask - keep practice practice practice. Have you stay with the watercolor, or do you move on to acrylic or oils, Brian? What do you enjoy to paint for subject? For me, watercolor flower is all I have done so far - not terribly bad, and others can tell what it is I painted - but - I dunno. I get discourage very quickly. Kate is SO good painter.... Tell me what it is you doing for painting - if you still are? Thanks. From Gia
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 03:28 PM

Hi Gia i ended up drawing with pencils, i say drawing its more like doodling. But i have not done anything for a while as my hands are bad now, but i like to see others work, so im on a forum called Wet Canvas that is dedicated to artwork, i dont put much up as they are all very talented.

Todays track is Jeff Buckley singing an old Leonard Cohen track Hallelujah.

Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 06:36 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bRAtV-jgoQ Bobby Darin swings
Aafak
The Black Country
Aafak is male 

14-04-2016, 11:13 PM

Gianetta
US

15-04-2016, 12:48 PM

Hi Brian -

Okay - so you drawing now.... I know what you mean that it is hard to show our work when there are so many much more talent artist out there... .... I will keep plug along and hope for the best. It is, after all, for my self that I enjoy the solitude to paint - I really am in no competition with any one, but I also know my limitations. It is okay - we do what we can do and we strive to become better ...is not such a bad thing, right?

This song - Leonard Cohen "Hallelujah" ... I know it well but I have not hear Jeff Buckley to sing it before.... I think no matter who will sing it - it still is such a profound song, yes? Thank you very much for share it for us, Brian........ Any Leonard Cohen song is always welcome by every one. Thank you.... From Gia xo
Gianetta
US

15-04-2016, 12:50 PM

Ahhh Aafak ....

This not seem like one of you usual songs some how...but it is very funny and I love the Mickey Mouse. Thank you From Gia xo
Gianetta
US

15-04-2016, 12:51 PM

Hello Alan...

Ahhh....yes he do SWING! This is so great.... "Some where .....be-yond the sea...some where waitin' for me..." I love to hear his voice. Thank you! He was so terrific... how we miss him!... From Gia xo

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top