Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 11:29 PM

Rearranging goods in shops

I have had a harrowing week.

Today I had so little time so was in a rush, but wanted just 2 things in Wilkinsons. I knew exactly where they were and intended to be in and out in minutes.
Don't you just hate it when you know exactly where the items are kept, intending to go straight there, pick up the goods and be out within minutes, only to find they have vanished.

I hurried right down to the back of the store intending to pick up some curtain fixings, only to find the shelves were now filled with bird seed and meal worms instead.
I cursed and hurried up and down the aisles looking for where the flamin' curtain fixings had gone, but could not see them anywhere.

Unfortunately, when shops decide to rearrange their shelf plans and make things disappear, they also do the same with the staff at the same time.
Why oh why can I never find someone when I need them!

Again I went up and down the aisles looking for someone - anyone would do - who could direct me to the curtain fittings, but not a soul in sight. I could feel I was getting ratty!
By now I should have got the bits I wanted, gone through the checkout and be on my way home, yet here I was couldn't find a damn thing so hadn't even started!

Eventually I saw two staff strolling along nattering, so I collared one to come and assist me. This lass looked about 15 and hadn't a clue what I was talking about. She actually picked up a broken curtain rail and tried to tell me it was 'fine.'
Eventually I found one that was OK and showed her why her one was broken and just got a "Oh yeah" as a reply.

It drives me nuts when large stores keep altering their shelves around and nothing is where it was when you were in there the previous week.
And while I'm having a good moan, it also drives me nuts when stores seem to have less and less people actually on the shop floor to assist customers.
Often I end up having to find the customer services desk, then waiting for them to call someone over the tannoy, then waiting again for someone to eventually turn up, before going all the way back to the area you just came from only to be told they haven't got any!!!

Rant over.

P.S. Tomorrow I have got the subsidence engineers coming again. Another fun day no doubt.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 11:40 PM

Re: Rearranging goods in shops

That was a very good rant Mups! Hope you feel better now.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
That was a very good rant Mups! Hope you feel better now.
I'm fine now I've got it off my chest, thanks Carol.

I would only find it mildly irritating normally, but I was in a rush today because it was a warm day, and I had left all my dogs in the car, so I was panicking a bit.
I'd parked in the shade, but I still wanted to get back to them a.s.a.p.
I'd also got some workmen at home waiting for me to get back.

(That was a first, I'd got 2 men in my bedroom today, too).
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 11:52 PM

Poor you, Mups, I know how you feel. It irritates me to, when stores decide to move goods to another area. That was a very good rant too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 09:04 AM

Well said mups drives me mad too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-04-2016, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well said mups drives me mad too.

There is never any staff around either, Julie.
I can wander round B&Q, Wilko's, and Supermarkets for half the morning trying to find anyone to help, and if you are lucky enough to spot someone they are nearly always "with a customer at the moment madam!"

Another things that bugs me is when you want something and there is an empty space on the shelf. So after half an hour trying to find someone to ask if they are out of stock or just need to refill the shelf, they say "I will go and check out the back Madam." And so you wait . . . and wait . . . and wait . . still they don't come back.
Your frozen stuff is defrosting, you look at your watch and wished you'd never asked. . . then just when you're getting tired of living they come back and say "Sorry madam, we're waiting for a delivery."
I really don't enjoy shopping much.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
There is never any staff around either, Julie.
I can wander round B&Q, Wilko's, and Supermarkets for half the morning trying to find anyone to help, and if you are lucky enough to spot someone they are nearly always "with a customer at the moment madam!"
Yes that too !
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 09:33 AM

It isnīt any different here either Mups. One "Ikea" type store in particular. They have some very good special offers or "sale" prices on furniture and other household goods, but when you want to buy something first you have to find an assistant, this can take a long time, I think they manufacture their assistants as they do their furniture, 2 to 3 months delivery. Having eventually got an assistant you are then told whatever you want is 2 to 3 months delivery. Can I take the demonstration item that is there with the reduced price tag on it? No.

Perhaps Iīm odd, but when I want to buy something or see something I want to buy, I want it now, not in 2 to 3 months time. A week or two I donīt mind, but 2 to 3 months no. Why do stores advertise their furniture and sales when they donīt have the goods to sell?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

14-04-2016, 09:43 AM

Quite so Clumsy.

Another thing I always get caught on is the "Buy one get one free" offers.
People have been at them like locusts and there is only ever 1 left on the shelf when I get there - never the free one, just an odd 1.
If they put any equal number of items out, surely this wouldn't happen? But if they put say, 11 out, I will always be the one to get stuck without the free one. Always.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 09:44 AM

They do it purposely to make you "browse" through stuff you don't usually look at.
It makes me more mad when you actually find the section you're looking for and the brand or even the actual item is no longer stocked!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top