Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 07:59 PM

Camera lenses

AS most would have gathered by now i am a bit of a photographer nut.

Well today got fed up with some of my old Nikon lenses I decided to go to a shop and do a part exchange. i won't mention the shop but the young lad tried pulling a fast on on me saying on of my lenses had mold inside. I know very well that was not true, I am very fussy about my camera gear and all my lenses are kept in Peli cases with those damp removal crystal packet that absorb moisture.
So i challanged him and he went away then came back and had to admit he was wrong. One to me I think.

Next was a lens i have owned for about 8 years made by Sigma. He looked at it and I said where the collar ring went underneath was a bit scratched which he accepted. What he didn't notice was a slight chip on the zoom ring grip part. Two to me by now.

He rejected another good lens as it was not boxes and claimed slight scratches on another wich was rubbish no scratches i could see anyway.

This company did not accept tripod gear although you would be hard pressed to tell from new, got one person interested in one of the heads for it and i will sell the rest on ebay bit by bit.

I had looked on the internet and on it they said they had this particular lens in stock, like most companies they don't keep their internet records up to date.

They did have one as a display so I grabbed that with a slight discount, I didn't want to travel miles agin just incase they had new stock. This one is actually new anyway.

So how good is this new lens? well judge for yourselves

Below straight from the camera no editing whatsoever (not using spot focus)

tree 63 ft away lens at 200mm

and again at 70mm

compared to my old Sigma version this is way better
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 08:08 PM

Re: Camera lenses

But what is the lens?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2016, 10:07 PM

Oops forgot it is a Nikon 70 to 200mm g11 F2.8 latest version
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

14-04-2016, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Oops forgot it is a Nikon 70- 200mm G11 F2.8 latest version

Spot the difference, pics blown up for demo purposes as a very rough guide.

On the left Sigma 70-200 lens right Nikon 70-200mm lens

Now you can see why I wanted the Nikon one
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2016, 06:14 PM

Difficult to check when the left/right don't appear to be same scene. I like the F2.8 setting, I've got a Tokina SD 11-16 F2.8(IF) DX II lens

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top