Join for free
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 10:45 PM

Defend your Defender!

Land Rover Defenders are being stolen in our area.
Since they're no longer being made and they're so desirable thieves are stealing them.
Lots of country folk especially farmers own them and often they're kept outside or in outbuildings so they're easy to nick.
Although they're attractive, they're not comfy!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 10:48 PM

Re: Defend your Defender!

Got any Bentleys, you aint seen me right.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 11:32 PM

I used to drive one of those many years ago.

Superb on/in sand but I hated it on Tarmac.

Ok it wasn't standard and weighed in excess of 9000lb but brilliant in extreme conditions/terrain.

Shame it's being discontinued.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 05:56 AM

I've had many Land Rover cars over the years including several Defenders, which I used to use primarily for towing trailers with my plant hire business, and there is no better towing vehicle than the Defender 90.

By the way, although I believe they have now ceased production in England they will continue to be made under license somewhere in the EU or Asia...
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Land Rover Defenders are being stolen in our area.
Since they're no longer being made and they're so desirable thieves are stealing them.
Lots of country folk especially farmers own them and often they're kept outside or in outbuildings so they're easy to nick.
Although they're attractive, they're not comfy!
This may well be for the foriegn market as spares.

Shipment of LR's to Africa is very big business, a huge market.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 06:08 AM

Just look for the local masochists. They're not being made for a reason - look no further than Toyota.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

12-04-2016, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Just look for the local masochists. They're not being made for a reason - look no further than Toyota.
An arguement worth noting but, there's nothing simpler to work on than an older Land Rover(not worked on newer ones)

Making running repairs so much easier.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 06:47 AM

I'm oft told that a I have no sense of humour ....
but the funniest movie (made on a shoestring) was "The Gods Must Be Crazy".

Those whom have seen it will recall the Landrover Defender - affectionately called "The Antichrist" - being winched up a tree ... !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 07:45 AM

Round here it's Honda CR-V wing mirrors lost 3 so far myself, truth is if it isn't nailed down these days someone will steal anything.
Sundodger
Spain
Sundodger is male  Sundodger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
........they're not comfy!
If left basic - I'd agree, especially as I'm over 6ft! BUT with a very, very simple modification the seat can be lifted and pushed back several inches, which makes a heck of a difference.

I'm nearly at 250k in mine now!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top