Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 07:45 PM

Bought any recipe books lately?

I was visiting one of my favourite RSPB sites, Rainham Marshes and managed to get Nigel Slaters Real Food for £4.50. Anyone else?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 09:01 PM

Re: Bought any recipe books lately?

My - you are being a good boy gasman.
Even the Vicar wouldn't mind that title.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 09:22 PM

I uses to buy recipe books but nowadays I get my recipes from the internet. I print them off and keep them in a ringbinder file.

I still have all my old ones and look at them occasionally.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I uses to buy recipe books but nowadays I get my recipes from the internet. I print them off and keep them in a ringbinder file.

I still have all my old ones and look at them occasionally.

That's a good idea Carol.
When I moved house a few years back, I got rid of a lot of my old cookbooks, and have cursed many times since.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
My - you are being a good boy gasman.
Even the Vicar wouldn't mind that title.
I'm always a good boy.
With all due respect Mups, at first, I couldn't decide if your post was meant to be whimsical or sarcastic. I'm going for the former
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

11-04-2016, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
I'm always a good boy.
With all due respect Mups, at first, I couldn't decide if your post was meant to be whimsical or sarcastic. I'm going for the former

I promise you I wasn't being sarcastic, not in a bad way anyway.

It was supposed to be a little light hearted teasing after all the kerfuffle before.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 10:43 PM

bought loads in the past, never used them and just gave them all to a charity shop.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I promise you I wasn't being sarcastic.
That would b a nice change,
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

11-04-2016, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
That would b a nice change,

Oi you, stop stirring.

Go and have a look at the telly thread. I had something to tell you. Go on, off you go. Do as I ask for once, man.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 07:10 AM

I recently won the cook book Winter by Yvette van Boven. It has some nice stuff including home made Baileys and Guinness fruit cake.

Mostly Im like Carol I print off recipes and put them in a ring binder its much more efficeient than having whole books that you only use one or two recipes from.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top