Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 02:42 PM

What type of relationship do you prefer?

I have always been interested in how men and women relate to each other, so thought I would start this thread. I know that many couples had a relationship where the man provided the income and the ladies looked after the home and family. Times have now changed and many women work, so I wonder which way you would rather have it and why?
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 02:47 PM

Re: What type of relationship do you prefer?

I believe in the majority of cases both people have to work to make ends meet or to pay rent or mortgage. But i also think its very sad as parents miss out on so much of their kids growing up. Children aren't children for very long before the terrible teens kick in.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 02:50 PM

My husband has always worked full time and I work less hours to care for the family and dogs. Works for us but whatever works for others is fine too.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I believe in the majority of cases both people have to work to make ends meet or to pay rent or mortgage. But i also think its very sad as parents miss out on so much of their kids growing up. Children aren't children for very long before the terrible teens kick in.
I would agree with you on that, if parents could dedicate more time to the kids, maybe the teens wouldn't be so terrible. I was also wondering who would be most likely to make the serious decisions, if you both had different views?
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 03:03 PM

My wife and I both work. I pay all the bills and my wife saves to pay for our holidays, luxuries etc. It works well for us.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 03:04 PM

I like our way of life. We have both been retired for 25 years, both lucky enough to have retired very early.
I treat my wife like Princess, I wait on her hand and foot, I cook and clean and look after all the household finances and practically everything else. I take her a morning coffee in bed every single day and I take her shopping whenever she wishes to, and wherever she wants to go.
We are together 24/7 and have been together for nearly 30 years and are as happy now as we were when we first met.
This will in all probability make most of you go uuuuugggghhhh ! but it is the truth.
I would not wish to change my way of life in any way.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 03:04 PM

Our first son was born within the year after we were married and Joan was working full time. She was a stay at home Mum until all three of our boys were old enough to take care of themselves. That was a joint decision. She then started working for a bank and within a few years was a bank manager up until she retired. We rarely have differing views about anything. Oh except important things like what to watch on telly..then she wins!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

11-04-2016, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by oxymoron47 ->
My wife and I both work. I pay all the bills and my wife saves to pay for our holidays, luxuries etc. It works well for us.
My husband and I used to do the same, but we had no children to care for. I noticed that some of my friends, who stayed home and looked after the children, were often not party to major decisions though.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

11-04-2016, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I like our way of life. We have both been retired for 25 years, both lucky enough to have retired very early.
I treat my wife like Princess, I wait on her hand and foot, I cook and clean and look after all the household finances and practically everything else. I take her a morning coffee in bed every single day and I take her shopping whenever she wishes to, and wherever she wants to go.
We are together 24/7 and have been together for nearly 30 years and are as happy now as we were when we first met.
This will in all probability make most of you go uuuuugggghhhh ! but it is the truth.
I would not wish to change my way of life in any way.
I think that is lovely Malcolm and long may it continue..... but you need to do something wrong occasionally, us ladies like having somebody to tell off
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 03:16 PM

I was a house husband for years. Then Jenny got sick and passed away. Today I am quite happy to live on my own with the odd cuddle from my girlfriend.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top