Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2016, 08:36 PM

Romantic washouts.

Have you ever planned a romantic trip, meal or night out that has turned to disaster?

I was expecting a visit from a friend.
She was flying in from Milan so I rang a restaurant and booked a table well in advance. Arranged flowers to be delivered during the meal........perfect.

I left home with plenty of time for the journey to East-Midlands airport....upon arrival I realised I'd left the flight number on the table at home......no worries, the arrivals board told me a flight from Milan was due in but 15 mins later than I'd thought so no panic.

The flight landed, passengers began filtering into the arrivals hall.......but no sign of my guest......I waited and waited and then my mobile rang. What a relief to hear her voice "where are you Terry?"...."im in the arrivals hall under the Avis sign"

"Oh, I can't see that"......"it's ok, just head towards the exit doors and I'm to the left"......."I still can't see you, I'm now under the "thank you for using Leeds/Bradford airport"sign"

Leeds/Bradford? Oh bollox.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2016, 08:54 PM

Re: Romantic washouts.

It's a wonder that you haven't been bowlocked by the ladies on here for not checking the flight details mate.
Did you get to Leeds in the end?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2016, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
It's a wonder that you haven't been bowlocked by the ladies on here for not checking the flight details mate.
Did you get to Leeds in the end?
I'd had a call from her saying the flight would be on time. She was in the departure lounge at Bergamo and it was due to leave in an hour. This was pre-arranged so I'd leave home with time to spare.

For some reason I'd had Midlands airport in my mind for weeks.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2016, 09:14 PM

Did you get to Leeds?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

10-04-2016, 09:15 PM

Yes..........4 hours late.

No wonder I'm single, I'm crap at this dating lark
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2016, 09:21 PM

At least she has no choice but to wait for you. She could hardly stand you up.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

10-04-2016, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
At least she has no choice but to wait for you. She could hardly stand you up.
This is true.......and she did forgive me.....eventually.
Though that didn't last long....next minor indiscretion and she was gone
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2016, 09:36 PM

If I was you Tpin I would become a Monk , life would be so much easier,all you have to do is pray a thousand times a day.
Forget about Spain and the Women, just pray.
What do you reckon?
Does it appeal??
Giggle.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2016, 09:37 PM

Sorry but that is so funny
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

10-04-2016, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
If I was you Tpin I would become a Monk , life would be so much easier,all you have to do is pray a thousand times a day.
Forget about Spain and the Women, just pray.
What do you reckon?
Does it appeal??
Giggle.
Get the Abbey Habit?

F**k a monk

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top