Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 01:36 AM

Funny old day

I went to the dentist yesterday, and I could have sworn it was "Mrs. Brown" sitting in the waiting room with me. The lady looked exactly like her.
Anyway, I had my check up, and a nice clean and made arrangements to go back to have one small filling replaced, and then made my get away.

On the way home I went to Asda to get some shopping done. This always takes me longer than necessary because I spend quite a bit of time lurking about in the aisles, waiting for someone tall to come along and reach stuff down for me.

When I finally got back home, on the mat inside the front door was a card from 'Royal Mail.' It said he had left 2 parcels for me. I read it again to see which neighbour he had left them with, but to my utter disbelief he had written - "Over your gate!" This absolute dim-wit had chucked my 2 parcels over a 7ft gate - in the rain, and buggered off!!!
I was not a happy bunny.

Both parcels had been stuffed half into polythene bags (torn), and on the bags was printed "Sorry your parcel was damaged while it was in our care." Both bags said the same.
I was nearly dancing a jig with anger by this time. They had been left out in the rain too. Stooopid man.

I eventually found the phone number that handles complaints and gave them a ring. I told them what their idiot man had done and said he had no idea what was the other side of that gate, and it was raining, and I did not want my parcels thrown 7ft in the air and left to land on concrete.
I also told them one parcel contained a glass bottle, and if it hadn't been for the company packing my goods so well with polystyrene, it would have been smashed to smitherins. I said both neighbours either side of me had been in and so he had done it simply because he had been too bone idle to walk another few feet and knock on their door.

The lady I spoke to apologised profusely and said he should never have done that. She said they would find out who was responsible and have words with him. Good. Serves him right. Idiot.

Then I had to make a call to British Gas. They left me holding on for soooo long, I put the phone down! Blow 'em.
Tried again later only to get a chap who's English was so bad I had to keep asking him to repeat everything at least twice.

Next I wanted to read my water meter and call Anglian Water to find out where my bill had got to. By the time I got hold of them, I'd forgotten the bloomin' meter reading and had to go back with me screwdriver and hook the lid out of the pavement to read it all over again!

Eventually I fed my dogs, had a cuppa, unpacked my shopping and got something to eat.
Funny old day.

Thanks for listening - I feel better now.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 03:44 AM

Re: Funny old day

Ohh dear poor Mups have a hug tradesmen eh bleeding blokes are useless.

Could have saved a lot of bother by the following.

Post your teeth no need for a personal visit, then you would have been in for the workers. Oh just thought what if postie tosses your gnashers over the wall when he gets there ?

Send Nellie with a shopping list to he supermarket, she is taller than you, may as well be of some use as long as you did not want strawberrys

Never mind take pleasure in the fact some poor postie will receive a poinking that should cheer you up.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 08:13 AM

hope todays better then
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 08:29 AM

Oh dear......
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 09:10 AM

Oh dear Mups! That was shocking behaviour by the postie. Hope they DO reprimand him or her.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 09:30 AM

Terrible service i hope your complaint makes him think twice next time.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 09:30 AM

He'll probably come back and spit through me letterbox today!
Silly man. Fancy throwing it after wrapping it in a torn bag telling me how to claim for damages!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-04-2016, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Ohh dear poor Mups have a hug tradesmen eh bleeding blokes are useless.

Could have saved a lot of bother by the following.

Post your teeth no need for a personal visit, then you would have been in for the workers. Oh just thought what if postie tosses your gnashers over the wall when he gets there ?

Send Nellie with a shopping list to he supermarket, she is taller than you, may as well be of some use as long as you did not want strawberrys

Never mind take pleasure in the fact some poor postie will receive a poinking that should cheer you up.

You really do need to be dealt with Nommy, you are getting too cheeky by half.

It's no good sending Nellie because she'd eat the shopping before she got back, she's a thieving little tyke. I'd have a torn bag full of soggy, torn wrappings inside, and a fat, smug little dog with the wind all night!

Yes, I admit I am cheered by the thought of the postie getting a poinking, I'd give him one meself if I caught him.
I accept the lovely hug though. . . ahh, sigh,
that's it, I fell better already, thank you.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 09:47 AM

Mups, Nom? Do you both have trouble sleeping? I noticed the times you posted on the thread.

Mups you had a traumatic day. I hope today is a better one for you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-04-2016, 09:49 AM

Hi Tiff, I just felt wide awake last night (though half dead this morning ), but I suspect in Nom's case he'd just wee'd the bed.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top