Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 09:55 PM

Why do they do it?? very annoying

There appears to be a trend of playing music over speech on TV. It is getting so bad half the conversation is lost. It happens on films -soaps- documentries etc

is it because the scripts are so bad or the people speak indistinctly? Really annoys me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:02 PM

Re: Why do they do it?? very annoying

This is a major problem on most new productions. Whatever happened to the old VU meters? I even contacted a Blu-ray manufacturer to make them aware of the situation. Their reply was Which film? Er almost every film. Strange how the ads are always clear though.

If you watch an old black and white film, the sound is perfect. I always use the sub-titles on programmes and films now so that the tv can be at a reasonable volume, rather than constantly turning it up when they are speaking and down when there is music.

Of course there are certain actors that mumble their way through a film which doesn't help.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:04 PM

I know what you mean, I've started putting subtitles on because of it. Even with hearing aids it's difficult to hear what they are saying, especially women for some reason.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:19 PM

It's definitely the biggest niggle for me too. Maybe we can start a campaign.
And while we're on the subject - another thing I hate is the stupid noises they use to heighten actions. Can't really describe what I mean - (eg 'whoooosing' noises if someone moves their head, and daft squelching noises or slurping noises on anything medical)
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:39 PM

It's happened a lot lately. I find it worse on nature progs, what's wrong with the sounds of nature only.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:45 PM

I had to give up going to the cinema because I couldn't hear the speech for the music and I missed half the film asking my son what was said which also annoyed people .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 06:41 AM

Its driving me crazy too RS
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 09:14 AM

The music on road and police documentaries drives me crazy! Ones like Police Interceptors, Parking Wars. It is a constant drumming and instead of heightening the excitement makes me want to stop watching.

So I know just what you mean.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 09:33 AM

Maybe we could start an online petition so that the government has to discuss it. It's no less important than all the other drivel they talk about.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2016, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
It's happened a lot lately. I find it worse on nature progs, what's wrong with the sounds of nature only.

I completely agree Tiff. You're watching some lovely creature in a forest somewhere, and all of a sudden a bloomin' orchestra strikes up, drives me nuts. It ruins everything. Not only can you lose what is being said, you also lose the natural sounds of the woodland too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top