Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2010, 11:11 AM

Annual Balloon Festival

I missed this festival last year because of work & rainy weather. This year the last day of the festival is supposed to have great weather and I'm off every day now so I can take advantage of that convenience. My best friend, Warren, will be going with me. We'll pile all our camera gear in the back of "Herbie", my Smart car, and use my on-board GPS to take us there early this morning. It's 3 a.m. right now and I should pick up Warren at 4:15 in order to get to the festival site by sunrise. The event opens at 5 which is very close to sunrise, the favorite time to launch hot air balloons. It's also the best light of the day for dramatic photos. What a coincidence!

Warren is not going to be really awake as he has a sleep disorder that robs him of healthy sleep most nights. His routine is to awaken at about 10. Can't take sunrise photos at 10 so he's sacrificing sleep to go with me. He's not a fanatical photographer like me so this is truly the act of a good friend. Of course, as usual, I will report back on the festival with loads of pictures. My friends and relatives have been suggesting for years that I publish a photo journal or book on the Pacific Northwest. Lordy knows I have enough photos to choose from!

Anyway everyone have a great day as I head out on my first official day of retirement.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2010, 12:08 PM

Re: Annual Balloon Festival

Look forward to the pics Bob!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2010, 01:03 PM

I'll look forward to your photos too, Bob
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2010, 09:26 PM

Enjoy the festival Bob...look forward to seeing some of your pics....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top