Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 09:35 AM

Marcella.

Did anybody watch it last night? What did you think of it?

I watched it for a while but didn't really understand it so switched it off.

When the two men walked into the Indian man's shop, who were they? where did they go?
Next thing, his wife is pointing to the ceiling - I know there was a body decomposing in the flat above but what was it that was dripping through? - how was it dripping through? was there a hole in the ceiling?

I guess I'm just thick. Won't be watching again....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 09:38 AM

Re: Marcella.

I know what you mean Carol, the same things baffled me as well.
I couldn't make out about those two men in the shop either, but I thought it was because I was doing some ironing at the same time and not paying enough attention.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 09:49 AM

I was mostly shocked by the violent women in it. Smashing up cars and beating men up! Then there were the strange faces Marcella pulls, it's probably to do with her trout mouth?!! Where's her children?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:16 AM

I recorded it, watched Dan Snow searching for evidence of Vikings in America and (several other places) for an hour and finding less than I've found in my garden (plastic Santa and an old sixpence) Sounds like I should have watched Murdoch Mysteries after all!
Aafak
The Black Country
Aafak is male 

05-04-2016, 10:20 AM

Sorry but it never managed to engage me in the first 10 mins, so I turned to doing other neglected things.
Hope that it turned out enjoyable for some people.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:45 AM

A typical modern drama where the story is all inside the director's head but he forgot to tell us what it was. The music kept increasing in volume as though something was about to happen, but it didn't.

I will be putting that one on my ignore list along with 'Undercover'.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 10:46 AM

I was watching it and browsing on here, maybe I should have given it 100% because I came away confused (common these days) I think I learned more from the many trailers that saturated the viewing for the last three weeks.

Is Marcella a retired policewoman with some history, and murders are occurring with the same MO (that means they have been done before using the same methods, for anyone who doesn't speak copper talk) so they want her to come out of retirement. They have added some sex and violence to keep viewers interested....I certainly looked up a couple of times.

P.S. What was the fluid dripping from the ceiling? and why was the dog lapping it up? YUK!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 11:38 AM

I agree, Marcella was confusing
Has it been edited to encourage our empathy for her perhaps?
She has blackouts - so does the viewer

I'll definitely stick with it a bit longer...

And yes, where ARE those children?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 11:44 AM

Ladies, ladies ladies you are far too impatient.

Stick with it, wait for the all telling, final twist and all will be revealed.

Jeez, it's only the first episode.
Put your slippered feet up, break out the maltesers and get into the flow.
Sundodger
Spain
Sundodger is male  Sundodger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 08:12 PM

OK here goes. It was the first episode, so all the back story / plot had to be laid out. The dripping was body fluids, the dog was just being disgusting - that said, mine would have done the same! He tried to eat another toad last night - not good.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top