Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2010, 09:18 PM

Home safe and well from Afghanistan.......

My Niece's hubby has arrived home in Germany safe and well He has 14 days leave, but 4 of these are used up travelling home and then back to Afghanistan. Would love to have been a fly on the wall when he got home, as my Niece hadn't told the boys he was coming today. Originally he was due tomorrow, so she kept it as a surprise for them!
It is such a relief that's he is home for a while and we are so proud of him, and all the others out there.

Although we are all so pleased at his safe return, my heart goes out to those families whose loved ones have tragically not returned home safely, no matter what Nationality they are
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2010, 09:47 PM

Re: Home safe and well from Afghanistan.......

Aww glad for your family xx I bet theres much excitement there.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2010, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
Aww glad for your family xx I bet theres much excitement there.
Thank you Cassie-the two boys get 2 weeks off school to spend with their dad, so I'm sure they'll love that as well
maggie
New Member!
Birmingham uk
maggie is female 

26-06-2010, 10:12 PM

Brilliant news Merz..my son is out there (not in the forces)and i know how worrying it is .bet the lads are over the moon
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

26-06-2010, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by maggie ->
Brilliant news Merz..my son is out there (not in the forces)and i know how worrying it is .bet the lads are over the moon
Thank you Maggie-hope your Son is well. Don't think he's going to get any peace with the boys, but am also sure they will all enjoy their 10 days together
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2010, 11:14 PM

Oh so glad to hear that brilliant news and bet they will be partying well, and quite right too.

Good day to return home as I think this is Armed Forces Day?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2010, 12:01 PM

That's wonderful news, Merz .....what a lovely surprise for his sons, I bet there will be a few tears of happiness flowing.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2010, 12:07 PM

Great news Merz!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

27-06-2010, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
Oh so glad to hear that brilliant news and bet they will be partying well, and quite right too.

Good day to return home as I think this is Armed Forces Day?
Thanks Brandykins....it was Armed Forces Day so good day

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's wonderful news, Merz .....what a lovely surprise for his sons, I bet there will be a few tears of happiness flowing.
Thank you Mags...the tears were flowing from my Niece when she rang to say he was home-course that set me off...

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Great news Merz!
Thank you Azz...the day we've all been waiting for, even if it is only for 10 days.......
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2010, 11:29 PM

Good to hear he is home safe and well............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top