Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2010, 08:28 PM

Would you live in a virtual reality?

If technology and science ever got to that stage where you could live you're entire life in a 'virtual' reality, where everything would seem so real it felt real - in other words there was no discernible difference from real life - would you?

That in itself is no biggie - but what if in this virtual reality you could have any type of life you wanted, on an Earth/universe that you create and control.

So you could be a hero like superman (or even a baddie!) - or just a 'normal' person living a life that you've always wanted. It could be a world without any pain or suffering, no wars, no poverty (or the opposite if that floats ya boat!). You could basically do anything you wanted - have the body/figure/partner/s you want anything! It could be as perfect as you want it to be.

You could take your current memories with you - so all the people you want in your life could be there too. It would all feel so real.

Let's also assume that there were no flaws or problems with this system - it all worked perfectly.

So, if you couldn't tell it wasn't real and could swap... would you?
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2010, 10:16 PM

Re: Would you live in a virtual reality?

But I already do lol
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2010, 10:58 PM

Azz i don't know what you've been drinking but how much is it and where do you get it?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2010, 11:16 PM

I think we already do live in a virtual reality situation - you only have to switch on telly and watch Big Brother

I think if we did - it would be very boring!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2010, 12:40 PM

Arnie once went into `total recall` and ended up being a US Govenor so that`s pretty surreal.

Get your ass to California or I will be back

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top