Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2016, 09:47 PM

Medieval Market

This afternoon I went to a medieval market in a little town not far away. It was really nice, especially watching the glass blower. I bought a lovely glass swan and watched it being made, other friends also bought glass items. A good time was had by all.

My swan in the process of being made.

Lots of spices

pickles

music and dancing

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2016, 10:39 PM

Re: Medieval Market

Gosh look at the size of those pickles
I bet it was an interesting place to look around Loretta .
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2016, 11:09 PM

Very nice. You should share more pictures like these
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2016, 11:50 PM

It was really nice Meg, a lovely atmosphere. It was really only just getting started as we were leaving. Tonight and tomorrow there are lots of events there, demonstrations, music, dancing, games etc. Most things happen at night here. The pickles are amazing to see.

Thank you eyes. I donīt put many on these days, but perhaps I might put more on in the future, you never know.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 12:57 PM

Looks a great place to spend some time, ive tried glass blowing very hard
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

03-04-2016, 03:08 PM

Thank you Nom, it really was nice. The glass blower made it look so easy, it took him about 10 minutes to make my swan, it started off as a long tube of glass. Fascinating to watch and he was really enjoying the applause when finished.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 03:14 PM

Roll on summer..I love these types of 'fairs' but its still too cold for anything here..

Lucky you..
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

03-04-2016, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Roll on summer..I love these types of 'fairs' but its still too cold for anything here..

Lucky you..
Never mind Cass, perhaps it will soon be warm and sunny for you. Do you have many medieval fairs there? I like them very much, they are always interesting and fun.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2016, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Never mind Cass, perhaps it will soon be warm and sunny for you. Do you have many medieval fairs there? I like them very much, they are always interesting and fun.
We have various themed fairs , the next one is in May and thats a rock and roll weekend with cars and music from the era plus a market with all sorts of r&r stuff. Then theres the steampunk fair, the medieval weekend in July the culinair weekend and lots of other things, this place just tends to die out between Sept and end of April though.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

03-04-2016, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
We have various themed fairs , the next one is in May and thats a rock and roll weekend with cars and music from the era plus a market with all sorts of r&r stuff. Then theres the steampunk fair, the medieval weekend in July the culinair weekend and lots of other things, this place just tends to die out between Sept and end of April though.
Well I hope you find some you enjoy going to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top