Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2016, 08:09 PM

Knees Bend Arms Stretch

Why are all goaded into being Slim. Trim, and Fit, every day in the media?
Is it really nesseccary or important in maturity to be as slim as one was at twenty one?

Especially aimed at women is… Exercises and Diets galore and we are urged to buy machines that shake us like a jelly, or D V D’s were 21 year olds kick their legs in the air and gyrate for 30 minutes to keep fit!
How is it that 50% of the population are pleasantly plump and still happily married ,or with partners who like them as they are.

Some men already slim go for 5 mile runs daily, and some never come back. They die in the process.
If you are active round the house and go up and down stairs that uses plenty of calories.
In any case, as one matures the body thickens as well.

Surely you don’t stop loving your Spouse /Partner if he is now sans teeth, and hair, and a disappearing waist line…Poor Thing!!

It is much worse in U S A, as if you don’t look young forever, even with Plastic surgery, you get put on the Scrap Heap as most men there favour younger women.!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2016, 08:17 PM

Re: Knees Bend Arms Stretch

I like your post Azure and agree.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2016, 08:20 PM

Natural is where external beauty lies.
Looking for perfection is always going to end in disappointment.

I was a very fit, muscular lad right up until my early 40s, I ain't gonna get that back but I'd still like to trim up a bit.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2016, 08:27 PM

As long as you try to keep your parts moving and exercise, and you're not chasing anyone, who cares what you look like.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2016, 08:58 PM

I agree to a degree ..if you're comfortable as you are that's fine.

But it's the rise of extreme obesity that needs sorting methinks.
Sundodger
Spain
Sundodger is male  Sundodger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2016, 09:24 PM

One person's 'pleasantly plump' is another person's 'lardy ass'!

I used to be very fit and played a lot of sport. I'm still fairly active, but the old knees have gone a bit! My wardrobe contains clothes bought WAY over 25 years ago in some cases and I can still get into them! My weight/waist has not changed in (no idea!) over 30 years. In case you're thinking I'm a lettuce eating freak, I eat like a horse!

My point is, if you are overweight through choice, as you get older you are opening yourself up to a host of 'fat' related problems. Then there is the airline thing, why should I have to pay the same as someone twice my weight who then sits next to me and overflows into my seat?

So, no - you don't need to be as slim as you were at 21, but you should take care of yourself, then you won't become a burden to your family or the NHS!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2016, 11:58 PM

Thank you Apricot
At least we all have photos of when we were young.happy and slim and trim.

Where has my 21inch waist at 18 years gone?
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

03-04-2016, 12:00 AM

Sundodger

Very true ,,,,and keep up the good work
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

03-04-2016, 12:02 AM

The more people read about diets the more junk food theyseem to eat.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

03-04-2016, 12:02 AM

Jem. The person who you are chasing!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top