Join for free
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 03:42 PM

Former Homeless Mum Set To Become Millionaire After ‘Dreaming’ Skittles Dress

How to become a millionaire.

Skittles dress designer Sarah Louise Bryan, literally followed a dream that led her to a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Just a year ago things were looking pretty bleak for the 27-year-old mother of two from Wakefield. Penniless and facing rental arrears Bryan was relying on the kindness of friends to keep a roof over her and her children’s heads.

But things took a staggering turn for the unexpected when, lying in bed one night, Bryan had a hypnagogic flash of inspiration that would change her life completely: a dress made of Skittles.

Bryan leapt out of bed and Googled the idea to make sure it hadn’t been done before. It hadn’t. The next day she set to work realising her vision.

3,000 Skittles, 90 tubes of glue and 180 hours later the dress was made. Bryan took to Twitter to showcase her creation. The image went viral and the dress was eventually bought by Ripley’s museum in America.

The former beautician has since been given her own clothing and handbag range and is on track to supply her designs to the Kardashians.

Bryan has faced some real adversities in her life. In a video shared by the Birmingham Mail she said: “Not so long ago I had basically nothing. I was struggling with rent, I was a teenage parent as well and I used to be in foster care.”

She encouraged anyone in a similar situation to have faith and keep pursuing goals: “When little things knock you back, and believe me they do, just pick yourself up and just try again.”
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 03:47 PM

Re: Former Homeless Mum Set To Become Millionaire After ‘Dreaming’ Skittles Dress

Great story - very like J K Rowling
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 03:53 PM

Re: Former Homeless Mum Set To Become Millionaire After ‘Dreaming’ Skittles Dress

I'm going to make one out of meat, I think that'd be a first.

I love success stories like this.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 04:39 PM

Great story, but tpin didn't lady gaga do the meat dress before ?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Great story, but tpin didn't lady gaga do the meat dress before ?
Damn, maybe this time next year etc.

Back to the drawing board.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 05:31 PM

Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 08:29 PM

So where is a picture of this dress? A picture is worth a thousand words.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
So where is a picture of this dress? A picture is worth a thousand words.
It's rather hideous IMO http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/fa...ut-of-skittles
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 09:49 PM

Personally I can´t see the point in it, other than as a novelty. Okay if you get peckish whilst wearing it though.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2016, 08:45 AM

So how about making a men's suit out of crisps? What a noise when you sit down.
Mars bars? Swishy sitting down.
The list could be endless.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top