Join for free
islandman
Dorset UK
islandman is male  islandman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 04:53 PM

Do you fancy a little bit of......................

Do you fancy a little bit of fun. Reading the Mirror on line, they have a semi-interesting article based on the Census I believe. All you do is enter your (or anyone else's) postcode and the survey say's.......................what type of people you live amongst, (not that you need telling), it made for two seconds interest.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...a-take-7655353
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 05:19 PM

Re: Do you fancy a little bit of......................

Apparently I'm a cosmopolitan:

This is what it says about my post code.

People - More likely to be students (who may be in halls) or younger adults (aged 25 to 44), some with families.
Living - Living in centre of cities or large towns.
Marital status - More likely to be unmarried although people who are married are more common.
Ethnicity - Ethnically diverse area. More likely to be from the EU. More likely to not have English as their main language.
Housing - Much more likely to live in terraces or flats. More likely to rent. More likely to be overcrowded.
Employment and Education - More likely to have A-levels or university education. More likely to be working in accommodation/food, education or information and communication.
Transport - More likely to commute on foot, bike or by public transport.
islandman
Dorset UK
islandman is male  islandman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 05:26 PM

well Joe, are they right?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by islandman ->
well Joe, are they right?

Only partly - f'r instance I'm not a student - my studying days are far behind me. As far as I know there are no European emigrants living here now (there used to be some years ago - next door neighbours were Polish, but they moved some 7 -8 years ago). As far as I know, there is no overcrowding anywhere near me, notwithstanding I live in a house in multiple occupation - a converted four storey house converted into four separate apartments. Not interested in occupations, I'm retired (and staying that way)!!!
Welshie
United Kingdom
Welshie is female  Welshie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 06:45 AM

More specifically your
neighbourhood is made up of...
Asian communities
People - More likely to be young families (aged 25 to 44) with young children (aged 0 to 4). Also families with non-dependent children living with them. Slightly more likely to be providing unpaid care.
Living - Living in more suburban areas around towns and cities.
Marital status - Slightly more likely to be married, and much less likely to be divorced.
Ethnicity - Ethnically diverse area, more likely to be Indian or Pakistani, and also Chinese or Black. More likely to not have English/Welsh as main language.
Housing - More likely to live in detached and semi-detached housing and own.
Employment and Education - Slightly more likely to have a university education. More likely to work in transport/storage or perhaps information and communication or financial/insurance/real estate.
Transport - More likely to own 2+ cars/vans and to commute to work by private transport.

On the whole my postcode search turned out to be not far out with exception of what i have put in bold

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top