Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 06:54 AM

Flashing Rear Lights On Bikes

There seems to be a trend for flashing rear lights on bikes nowadays and I wonder if theses cyclists are aware how dangerous they are.
I see one regularly as he seems to work the same shifts as me, but not at the same company or else I would try to explain to him how difficult it is to judge how far away he really is.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 07:08 AM

Re: Flashing Rear Lights On Bikes

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
There seems to be a trend for flashing rear lights on bikes nowadays and I wonder if theses cyclists are aware how dangerous they are.
I see one regularly as he seems to work the same shifts as me, but not at the same company or else I would try to explain to him how difficult it is to judge how far away he really is.
The flashing makes them more visible and if you are unsure how far away they are just slow down. Easy.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 07:10 AM

It is not easy, it is very confusing, just try it before you comment.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
It is not easy, it is very confusing, just try it before you comment.
I have for many years; the law in NSW was changed to allow flashing lights on bikes decades ago.

Your comment reminds me of my grandfather in the 50's when I asked him what he thought of the new flashing indicator lights, He was dead against them because "...there were too many flashing lights on the road as it was". He was sure they were unsafe.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 08:09 AM

Don't like them myself but they are better than those who feel no lights is the best way to cycle in the dark.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 08:31 AM

Had them for donkeys up here, and when i saw them i would slow down, just the same as static lights.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by julie1962 ->
don't like them myself but they are better than those who feel no lights is the best way to cycle in the dark.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Don't like them myself but they are better than those who feel no lights is the best way to cycle in the dark.
Absolutely!
Round where I live cyclist loom out of the gloom, all the time with no lights, dusk time is the worst...they seem to assume that because they can see therefore they can be seen.

I slide down the window and shout "Lights!!!!!"
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 10:35 AM

I can't believe the stupidity of some cyclists. Lights should be a legal requirement along with stopping at traffic lights and not riding two abreast (has that rule disappeared)? I often come across a Constipation of cyclists who are taking up the whole carriageway.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2016, 10:39 AM

I love your collective noun!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top