Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 07:52 PM

Clock Change

Did you remember to hange your clocks last night ? I remembered then forgot to do it,woke in the middle of the night ,thought about it ,but left it untill this morning to do.I do wish they would leave the time alone
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 08:03 PM

Re: Clock Change

I've got two radio signal clocks in the house one for the kitchen and my alarm clock in the bedroom.

They've both sorted themselves out by the time I get up and that leaves me to reset my two watches.

I, too, wish they'd leave the flippin' time alone ...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 08:10 PM

Now they've changed, they should leave them like this forever!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 08:14 PM

Ive done it but the change in hours has left me feeling at odds all day.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 09:02 PM

I tried to delay supper, but I ended up eating around 5.30, old time. Too early for me.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 09:05 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Ive done it but the change in hours has left me feeling at odds all day.
God help you if you went to China
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 10:28 PM

This is what Peter Hitchens of the Mail on Sunday had to say about the time change and I totally agree...

Once again you will have woken this morning to find that the clocks have been shoved forward by an hour. For me, and for many other early risers, this means weeks of something rather like jet-lag. But what’s it for? Why do we do it? Nobody actually knows. We just do it because we have done it for years. There’s no solid objective evidence that it does any good at all.
Wait a few weeks and the evenings will get lighter all by themselves. Yet we’re told absurdly that it provides more light. It doesn’t.
A Cherokee elder, baffled by the paleface habit of messing around with clocks, once asked: ‘What sort of person thinks that by cutting a foot off one end of a blanket, and then sewing it on to the other end, he gets a longer blanket?’

Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 10:33 PM

I much preferred my kids going to and coming from school in daylight.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Did you remember to hange your clocks last night ? I remembered then forgot to do it,woke in the middle of the night ,thought about it ,but left it untill this morning to do.I do wish they would leave the time alone
Doesn't happen until April here. Queensland doesn't have daylight savings because the extra hour of tropical sunlight fades the curtains.

The people I feel sorry for are the National Trust people who have to keep moving the stones at Stonehenge one hour forward and back twice a year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top