Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 06:44 PM

The Sally Army And Me.

Just watched the first part of this series where Paul O'Grady works alongside the Salvation Army volunteers.It's an eye opener what the SA do.Will be watching the rest of the series.I like Paul O'Grady he seems to be sincere.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 06:47 PM

Re: The Sally Army And Me.

SA are great
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 06:50 PM

Tea and wads from a Bedford Dormobile, happy days!
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 08:10 PM

I only saw a little bit of the programme, but I'm so glad that the work of this terrrific organisation has been highlighted. Long overdue!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 08:03 AM

I only sawa bit of it too.
I have great respect for the SA they do a lot of good .
I just wish they wouldn't keep sending me bumf through the post .
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
Just watched the first part of this series where Paul O'Grady works alongside the Salvation Army volunteers.It's an eye opener what the SA do.Will be watching the rest of the series.I like Paul O'Grady he seems to be sincere.
I've always had time for the Sally Army, they get stuck in to improve people's lives not trying to brainwash them with fairy tales.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 08:09 AM

I miss those days when the SA would turn up in my road on a Sunday morning and gather in a circle to play and sing hymns and collect money where they could. Closely followed by The Winkle Man with his trolley. Mum! where's that pin?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 09:30 AM

Ive a lot of time for the work the Salvation Army do for the poor and homeless. Deeds not words.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 10:06 AM

I watched the programme Paul O'Grady is a really likable chap and a dog lover, an added bonus.

The SA have a day center near here where meals are served daily, I always used to take them tins of biscuits at Christmas. I hope the programme will make more people aware of the services the Salvation Army provide which are invaluable to many.

Some years ago my Brother came home from work to find his wife gone, he thought she was just out but as the hour went by he discovered most of her possessions were missing too. There had been no argument or indication of her intention to leave, nothing. The police were not interested saying she was an adult and could choose to leave if she wished.
My Dad had friends in the SA and suggested my brother contacted them. Within days they had traced her to a seaside town where she was staying with another man.

It was not an easy time for my Brother but at least he knew his wife was safe and was able to reassure the rest of her family whom she had failed to tell about her decision to leave.
We will always be grateful to the SA for their help.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2016, 10:50 AM

My old man had a lot of time for the Sally Army, he always said that during the war no matter where in the world he was stationed the Sallies were there.

Personally, whilst I admire their charity work the supernatural encumbrances always get in the way, I prefer (and support) secular charities.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top