Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 06:01 PM

Do You Or Anybody You Know Have Strange Habits Or Rituals?

My daughter's friend's boyfriend cannot go out unless he has four rolled balls of silver paper in his pockets (two in each pocket) He said he would go mad if he left home without them!
I have also heard of people tucking themselves tightly under the covers so things can't get them!

Do you have any strange habits or rituals? Or do you know anyone who does?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 06:13 PM

Re: Do You Or Anybody You Know Have Strange Habits Or Rituals?

I go to bed with two soft toys, a cuddly dog & a dragon.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 06:17 PM

I wear one sock in bed all year round!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 07:06 PM

I have several but one that I do a lot amuses people, because I sometimes say it out loud; I say Tap Off!

I can't hear water running, even standing there looking at it and several times in the past I've left taps running at home with the usual consequences so now I say Tap Off every time I turn off the tap.

If I walk away and don't remember if I said Tap Off then I go back and do it.

At work I've been told I'm doing it now, much to the amusement of the residents in the home where I work but to worried looks from carers!

The residents are all my friends so that's fine.

The carers just don't understand and don't bother to ask me why.

I'd happily explain if they'd only ask.........stevmk2
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My daughter's friend's boyfriend cannot go out unless he has four rolled balls of silver paper in his pockets (two in each pocket) He said he would go mad if he left home without them!
I have also heard of people tucking themselves tightly under the covers so things can't get them!

Do you have any strange habits or rituals? Or do you know anyone who does?
Interesting, why and how did it start, it's so random, I have to ask, lol ...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 07:33 PM

Nothing too serious but I do have to make sure I have turned a light switch off properly. Sometimes I go back a couple of times to make sure. I think once in my past, a switch got stuck half way and sparked.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

27-03-2016, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
Interesting, why and how did it start, it's so random, I have to ask, lol ...
Silbee, The girl has only been on one date with him and he said he wanted to be upfront about this ritual with the four balls of silver paper. I think he may be slightly OCD and it's a way of controlling his condition?
CailinRua
The High Coast
CailinRua is female  CailinRua has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 07:56 PM

When I eat, I don't eat a little of everything as most do. I eat all of the same thing until it is gone then start on the rest i.e. I will eat potatoes, then cabbage, then the nut roast or whatever. I also like to do things in a specific order.

There is a reason for this. I have Asperger's Syndrome.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Silbee, The girl has only been on one date with him and he said he wanted to be upfront about this ritual with the four balls of silver paper. I think he may be slightly OCD and it's a way of controlling his condition?
I like his honesty ...
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by CailinRua ->
When I eat, I don't eat a little of everything as most do. I eat all of the same thing until it is gone then start on the rest i.e. I will eat potatoes, then cabbage, then the nut roast or whatever. I also like to do things in a specific order.

There is a reason for this. I have Asperger's Syndrome.
My autistic grandson does exactly the same Cailin.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top