Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 05:47 PM

Can we put friends in boxes?

I have a very dear friend who is funny,helpful and sometimes takes me to see my mother. She is very nice. Now here comes the but..................she also thinks all muslims are terrorists and mosques should be closed. I say nothing and think-no point in arguing with someone who has had listened to too much rubbish,
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 05:56 PM

Re: Can we put friends in boxes?

I don't understand your question OG?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 06:00 PM

Ok-how can I reconcile remaining a friend of someone who holds views that I find dreadful?. I know, it`s cognative dissonance
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 06:02 PM

Afraid most f my friends are already in their boxes, not many left now!
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 06:07 PM

Could you not say to her that you strongly disagree with her stance, and for the sake of your friendship would rather that she didn't air her views in your company. A bit friendlier than putting her in a box
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 06:07 PM

OG, So you have nothing to say how good she is to give up her time and be good enough to use her petrol to drive you to see your mother.
I hate to say it but you are ungrateful!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 06:08 PM

I too have a friend i've known for many years. Over the last few years he has become so racist. It's getting really difficult to remain friends with him. He frequently voices his opinions and very often rather loudly and i've tried reasoning with him but he will never change now. This could be the beginning of the end of a not so beautiful friendship.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by artangel ->
og, so you have nothing to say how good she is to give up her time and be good enough to use her petrol to drive you to see your mother.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

27-03-2016, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
OG, So you have nothing to say how good she is to give up her time and be good enough to use her petrol to drive you to see your mother.
I am a nasty piece of work-been found out. But in my defence I do pay for the diesel and buy her lunch. And she enjoys the day out as she lives on her own.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-03-2016, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I am a nasty piece of work-been found out. But in my defence I do pay for the diesel and buy her lunch. And she enjoys the day out as she lives on her own.
Oh well !! l'll let you off then!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top