Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
islandman
Dorset UK
islandman is male  islandman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 04:02 PM

If I had a nail I could bite it in half.......

In frustration at some thoughtless people.

If you are one of those people that walk or use a car, allow me to invite you into the world of those of us that use/ rely on the bus.

It is Bank Holiday weekend, the town is full of tourists, it is wet and almost cold, so in all, a quite uninspiring day. After lunch out and a spot of shopping we head for the bus. A sprinkling of passengers need to be asked to move up to allow others to shelter inside. Then a much delayed bus arrives. We are fortunate to get a set, albeit separately. From my seat at the back, I witness a young woman and two early teenagers hover and stand in the front of the aisle. Fingers twitching at phones, headphones plugged in the ear holes and folk having difficulty in boarding so the bus departs leaving an almost empty gangway.

At the next stop, many others are waiting to board. The three youngsters, pirouette and make no difference. The driver shouts to move along the bus, and the idiots say, " there is no where to go". At that point I get involved and gesture and call out, " if you move down the bus, those tired damp elderly folk can get on" . Then came approval from those seated, my wife glared at me, but what the heck, I got it out of my system, the passengers got on and the youngsters probably thought I was mad.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 04:10 PM

Re: If I had a nail I could bite it in half.......

Its the same at stations with people standing in the doorway of the tube unwilling to move and let people on. Or when you get out of the lift at the airport or station with a suitcase or buggy and people try to enter before the doors are fully open, if youre not quick or forceful you find yourself pushed to the back and trapped in the lift until they leave!

BTW good for you for speaking up...
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 04:26 PM

The frustration is everywhere with those kind of people, I'm afraid. Just yesterday I was in my car trying to turn out into traffic and everyone else started moving except one woman - who was sitting there looking down at her phone, holding up the traffic behind her. I had to honk my horn at her to get her going. She was completely in her own world.

And I won't even go there with the number of pedestrians I've nearly creamed with my car because they have their faces stuck in their phones, walking in front of me without even looking. Those people already have a nickname here - they called Deadwalkers.

People just don't pay attention anymore. Or they just don't care. They say the world is heading for a zombie apocalypse. I say it's already here. And nobody bothers saying anything to anyone. The world needs more people like you who will speak up.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 04:41 PM

I couldn't agree more! and there are people who complain they can't get wifi in shops etc. What is the world coming to. Non speaking, mobile glaring zombies. It's not always young people either.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I couldn't agree more! and there are people who complain they can't get wifi in shops etc. What is the world coming to. Non speaking, mobile glaring zombies. It's not always young people either.
You're right, it's many adults as well. It blows me away how many people in restaurants are all playing with their phones instead of talking to each other.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 05:01 PM

So many people using their phones while driving too. I love pulling up beside them at the lights, winding my window down and saying " You're so lucky it's my day off today and i'm not in uniform" It always gets the same look of panic.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 05:03 PM

This winds me up as well. Don't get me wrong, I like technology, but what is it that everyone has their face stuck in their mobile these days?

I recently sacked an apprentice at work, as every time I saw him, he was fiddling on his phone rather then assisting the engineer and trying to learn.

Tbh, I actually enjoyed telling him to sod off, and enjoy using his mobile as much as possible.
Linda0818
USA

26-03-2016, 05:19 PM

So many people using their phones while driving too. I love pulling up beside them at the lights, winding my window down and saying " You're so lucky it's my day off today and i'm not in uniform" It always gets the same look of panic.
Ha! Brilliant
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 05:21 PM

Well said
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2016, 05:32 PM

Not mobile phone oriented but still inconsiderate are friends who block supermarket alleyways in supermarkets by conducting a conversation.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top