Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 07:31 PM

Would you go all the way on your first date?

If you were going on a first date and your date lived 20 miles away would you:

1) offer to meet somewhere in between?
2) be willing to travel the full distance?
or
3) expect them to come to you?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 07:41 PM

Re: Would you go all the way on your first date?

I would seek my wife's advice.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I would seek my wife's advice.
I have a niggling feeling this would rule you out, Alan.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 07:53 PM

Id be willing to travel the full distance and have done so on a few occassions to see an online friend they lived around 45 miles away
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 07:55 PM

Ehh??...I'm looking for Someone who lives 20 minutes walk away..not 20 Miles
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 07:56 PM

Being as it was a first date, I would be happier if he came to me.
I'd probably think if he couldn't be bothered to drive half an hour to meet me for a first date, he wasn't keen enough. I might worry it showed 'the shape of things to come.'

I would probably view it differently on subsequent dates, (if there were any), it's just because on a first time I would see it differently.

Is that illogical?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
If you were going on a first date and your date lived 20 miles away would you:

1) offer to meet somewhere in between?
2) be willing to travel the full distance?
or
3) expect them to come to you?
Surely it would depend on circumstances ! If transport was easy for both then maybe a half way point would be safer and easy, but if one had transport and the other didn't I would expect them to travel closer to the others home. I drive, so 20 miles would seem nothing to me, but I think it would be difficult for somebody who didn't drive. For ladies it may also be unsafe to travel to a first date without any certain safe transport home.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Surely it would depend on circumstances ! If transport was easy for both then maybe a half way point would be safer and easy, but if one had transport and the other didn't I would expect them to travel closer to the others home. I drive, so 20 miles would seem nothing to me, but I think it would be difficult for somebody who didn't drive. For ladies it may also be unsafe to travel to a first date without any certain safe transport home.

I agree Twink, I was assuming the gentleman was able to drive.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

23-03-2016, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I should have added "all things being equal"

@Mups he may think the same, that you may not be too interested.

The only reason I ask is I know Rhian is itching for a date but shes miles away and I doubt she'd go all the way.

That bit is a joke
In hiding, now.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 08:02 PM

I wish !!!!

I would meet half way but as I have to travel by bus it would have to be during the day .... no buses in or out of Macclesfield after 7 p.m.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top